Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Stadium

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
DAMANCLAY said:
There lies the problem, There is a singing section because if you try to sing in any other part of a ground people look at you like you have just pissed in the queens handbag. I tried in the Northstand once and I was told to sit down and keep quiet.

Maybe it's time the non singers were stuffed in a quiet corner of the ground out of the way so the rest of the crowd can get on with enjoying themselves. I know it's each too they're own but if all they want to do is sit in silence & just give the occasional polite applause, Then maybe they should be watching Bowls or Croquet?

I'm amazed at the concept of a "non-singing section".

That was NEVER the idea behind designating H & J Blocks as singing areas.

Anyone who complains about singing should be thrown out by the stewards. They are spoiling it for the rest of us AND the team.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Lord Bracknell said:
I'm amazed at the concept of a "non-singing section".

That was NEVER the idea behind designating H & J Blocks as singing areas.

Anyone who complains about singing should be thrown out by the stewards. They are spoiling it for the rest of us AND the team.

Very true LB. Ive sat in a fair few blocks in Withdean and the only place I dont feel an idiot for trying to show my support is the middle of H/J block.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The so-called singing section (H&J) was half empty yesterday, and their vocal contribution was one of the poorest I can remember for an evening game.

The Sussex team enjoyed a five minute standing ovation and a great response as they went round the ground which created a great atmosphere - pity it was at half time!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:

Could'nt agree more with that. :clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Lord Bracknell said:

Great idea that, we'd have to throw out half the crowd, and play infront of 3,000 instead !!

Look, some folks like to go and watch the game without the swearing and the singing and general abuse.

For me, I can't go to a match and not swear, it kinda of like swearing doesnt count when you are at a footy match, and I love the general banta, and comical one liners that get hurled around, but we should all accept that not everyone is the same, after all, this is a "Community Club"

:D :lolol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I reckon a free hot toddy on cold winters nights dished out at the gates on entry would warm the cockles of anyones voice....

Withdean is difficult to get atmosphere going, loads of peeps really aren't in the mood to sing when they feel as they do, but thats when the lads need it the most...Viscious circle!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I love to sing and the more people who dont like it , the more I sing , hopefully it encourages some to maybe join in a bit though.

E block imo is better than H when its going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here