Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean - Have the fans just accepted relegation ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yesterday was surreal. We where getting our arses whipped by a team 17th in the league who had won 2 and scored 12 in 15 away games. Confidently striding to our 8th home defeat and 6th in the last 7 home games.

What would you expect with the squad we have , on the back of finishing
7th last season and expecting to get in the play offs this season abjectly surrendering to a very average Carlisle United side we made look like AC Milan where Kavannagh totally bossed the midfield.

If this was a Northern hot bed the whole stand would be stood up hurling abuse at Adams, the clipboard wonder and the tv salesman, scarfs would be burned in the stands, season tickets would be ripped up.

What happens at Withdean ?, SILENCE, SILENCE, SILENCE. People have now been beaten into submission by the relentless SHITE Adams and his team have served up this season. People can't even be bothered to express their anger, people have just accepted relegation as far as I can see.

There is now INDIFFERENCE. And INDIFFERENCE is the worst thing you can have. In a relationship INDIFFERENCE kills it, love or hate means there is PASSION, something to work on. Football is no different. Dick, Micky when the fans become INDIFFERENT they are getting to the stage they don't care anymore.

This is a real Danger sign Dick, an enormous RED FLAG. I can see our st's next season plummetting to around 2000. People want to be entertained, they want a team of triers, they expect at the least to have a manager who has a clue about football management.

We are going to go down unless something happens. The general apathy around Withdean just reeks. People were laughing at the team yesterday thats how pathetic they were.

We are going down a very dangerous path and life long BHAFC supporters are losing interest. Take heed.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I must admit, I was very surprised by the lack of passion or any sort of response from the fans yesterday. You are absolutely right about the indifference.

I for one cannot believe we are in the position we are in. I think like me, most fans assume we will get out of it. But we need to get some points on the board - fast.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Optimism is my middle name.. i'll never accept we're relegated until it actually happens.. and i'm convinced it wont happen this season.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Optimism is my middle name.. i'll never accept we're relegated until it actually happens.. and i'm convinced it wont happen this season.

On the basis of what? We are complete and utter shite and we have a manager who couldn't manage a piss up in a brewery. We are rapidly becoming a laughing stock in League 1. We really are that bad.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's too early to accept relegation just yet. But at the moment we are desperate. I thnik we've got some good players in but Adams has given no indication that he is the man to get the most out of them, and he should go.

Who knows what will happen next week at Millwall, but any repeat of that dismal display will no doubt get a very vocal response. Funnily enough the Luton game could be crucial in terms of crowd response, if we f**k that up then the 25 or so watching on national tv will get to hear what people think of our situation.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
LOL at all the above!
If you want you can call it blind optimism.. but i am just someone who lives life with a huge amount of hope (in spite of a tragic year personally for me in 2008)
Currently my view is that going forward we look like we should have enough to stay up. Crap though yesterday was, the second half was at the very least mildly encouraging in my view.

Defensively we clearly need a kick up the arse...

I honestly feel we are not that far away from being a half decent side, and I HOPE we realise that potential sooner rather than later.

Sorry chaps, but i'm just not a defeatist.. and maybe that means i'm not a realist either...and even if we DO go down, i'll be convinced brighter days will not be far away.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
LOL at all the above!
If you want you can call it blind optimism.. but i am just someone who lives life with a huge amount of hope (in spite of a tragic year personally for me in 2008)
Currently my view is that going forward we look like we should have enough to stay up. Crap though yesterday was, the second half was at the very least mildly encouraging in my view.

Defensively we clearly need a kick up the arse...

I honestly feel we are not that far away from being a half decent side, and I HOPE we realise that potential sooner rather than later.

Sorry chaps, but i'm just not a defeatist.. and maybe that means i'm not a realist either...and even if we DO go down, i'll be convinced brighter days will not be far away.

I only hope that you're right Jam but the signs are far from encouraging. Relegation to League 1 would be a disaster in my view and anyone who thinks that we'll just bounce back needs their head tested. If we need to sack Adams to stay up then that is the price we should pay.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I only hope that you're right Jam but the signs are far from encouraging. Relegation to League 1 would be a disaster in my view and anyone who thinks that we'll just bounce back needs their head tested.

relegation would be a disaster.. and frankly unthinkable to me at the mo.. hence i can't consider it til it happens

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
relegation would be a disaster.. and frankly unthinkable to me at the mo.. hence i can't consider it til it happens

Fair enough. But do you honestly think that Adams is the man to take the club forward? Nothing he has done so far has convinced me of this. When he joined we were all looking forward to the play offs or automatic promotion and look where we now are and the quality of our football. The situation is very, very worrying and I'm not sure the Board have got the balls to deal with the problem. The solution is simple. Sack Adams and sack him NOW. He is clearly not up to the job.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I for one haven't accepted relegation.

But apart from going to watch the team and therefore supporting the club financially what else can I do?

Those people in front of us are being paid good money to entertain us and from the manager down they are failing to do that.

Adams is handicapped by having a seemingly non league coaching set up, which is entirely his fault as he bought into them when he agreed to come back.

Something needs to give, and soon.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Fair enough. But do you honestly think that Adams is the man to take the club forward? Nothing he has done so far has convinced me of this. When he joined we were all looking forward to the play offs or automatic promotion and look where we now are and the quality of our football. The situation is very, very worrying and I'm not sure the Board have got the balls to deal with the problem.

I take your point entirely... but i think a lot of us felt this way in Feb 2000 (and August 2000 come to that)

Ideally, I want us to stay up this season, and then give Adams til Christmas at the latest.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Seemed that way to me to be honest - the ground was DEAD until the final whistle.

:nono:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yesterday was the first game that I didn't feel pissed off about losing in a long time. We're going down to League 2 next season because I can't see how we can win anything with this manager. I'm seriously considering not renewing my season tickets next year (me and my 2 boys). The only thing at the moment from stopping me is that I've got a good bunch of friends around me in the family stand. If it weren't for that I would defintiely NOT renew until Adams has gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here