Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean Atmosphere

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Man of Harveys said:
Everybody's talkin' about songsheets, free drinks, megaphones, singin' zones, DJs, camp fires, stewarding and roofing...

All I am saying...is team good, atmos good

OH COME ON , lets at least try and be realistic

:dunce:

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Bizarre! 'Right Here Right Now' - or occasionally another FBS tune - blares from the tinny PA in the 10 minutes before kick off at every home game. Matt Hicks actually brought me in a CD of stuff he/somebody at the club would like to hear played, and 70% of it was stuff I was playing already! I am as keen as everyone else to improve the atmosphere....

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Is there a singing section in the north stand or is it snoring and prawn sanwiches only? The roof is wasted on them as there's only about 3 who sing and take advantage of it.

Dandyman

In London village.
attila said:
Bizarre! 'Right Here Right Now' - or occasionally another FBS tune - blares from the tinny PA in the 10 minutes before kick off at every home game. Matt Hicks actually brought me in a CD of stuff he/somebody at the club would like to hear played, and 70% of it was stuff I was playing already! I am as keen as everyone else to improve the atmosphere....

I don't think it is a criticism of you, as such, John. More a question of the physcological effect of certain types of music on a football crowd.

For myself I loved it when you played "Liquidator" a while back. Others might prefer anything from Elgar to Motorhead !

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The problem is that there is no equivilant of the old North Stand at Withdean. At the Goldtone it was fine, if you wanted to sing and shout etc you went in the North Stand if not you sat with the old people in the West and South. The "singing section" at Withdean does doesn't do this job properly. The area ends up littered with no singers and down goes the atmos.
Now that the away fans have been relocated then the singing section should be too, over to where the away fans used to be. All those who want to sing, chant, shout, swear, stand etc should be in there together with no dullards to spoil things. It could be renamed from V block to the Russ Abott Stand (Oh what an atmosphere).

Dandyman

In London village.
80's Seagull said:
The problem is that there is no equivilant of the old North Stand at Withdean. At the Goldtone it was fine, if you wanted to sing and shout etc you went in the North Stand if not you sat with the old people in the West and South. The "singing section" at Withdean does doesn't do this job properly. The area ends up littered with no singers and down goes the atmos.
Now that the away fans have been relocated then the singing section should be too, over to where the away fans used to be. All those who want to sing, chant, shout, swear, stand etc should be in there together with no dullards to spoil things. It could be renamed from V block to the Russ Abott Stand (Oh what an atmosphere).

The away stand and J/H Block are now within slagging distance. It may just be the thing that raises the atmosphere a bit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
we're in J block on saturday, "wots the viewwwwww like wots the view likeeeeee wots the view like OVER THEREEEEE"

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
For what it's worth, I thought the atmosphere on Sunday was better than most of the games I have attended at Withdean. Until we move to Falmer we'll never be able to generate the atmosphere of the Goldstone and to be honest there were plenty of games where the famous Goldstone atmosphere was pretty crap. Home games will never be as good as the away games where everyone stands (allegedly) together. Would be nice if everyone got behind the team instead of moaning though. I think we will see a difference in noise levels when the bigger clubs that can actually fill the away end (unlike some I could mention!) play us.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Theres not really an effort from a lot of people! I sit right at the front of h block next to an old lady and a very negative ginger bloke. I do try to sing but im nearly the only one in the row! Everytime there was a stand up if you hate palace chant i stood up but i could here people behind me complaining!

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
DAMANCLAY said:
Theres not really an effort from a lot of people! I sit right at the front of h block next to an old lady and a very negative ginger bloke. I do try to sing but im nearly the only one in the row! Everytime there was a stand up if you hate palace chant i stood up but i could here people behind me complaining!

do u sit on the right side or the left side of H block(when looking @ the pitch)? I sit in the front row on the right side and the songs always seem to stop at about row D.. i think most of the seats around us are sold in the ticket office and not season ticket holders because the people seem to change.. therefore not knowing the songs... but i always try n join in singing and normally get the people around me going too :)

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
brighton2win said:
do u sit on the right side or the left side of H block(when looking @ the pitch)? I sit in the front row on the right side and the songs always seem to stop at about row D.. i think most of the seats around us are sold in the ticket office and not season ticket holders because the people seem to change.. therefore not knowing the songs... but i always try n join in singing and normally get the people around me going too :)

On the right. Ur the guy with the virgo 120 shirt, right? Im in row c seat 195,u?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Put all the Albion fans who travel to the away matches in one section and it will certainly improve the atmosphere at Withdean. Play "youre not from Brighton" by FBS 5 minutes before the teams come out for the kick off and hopefully after a few plays through the PA the crowd will turn it into one of our chants.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
DAMANCLAY said:
On the right. Ur the guy with the virgo 120 shirt, right? Im in row c seat 195,u?

:lolol: no thats my m8 who comes n chats @ half time.. i normally wear my white jacket over my albion shirt im seat 197rowA with another m8..

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It's down to the fans to make as much noise as they can, but the acoustics of the open ground are absolutely terrible. When you go to away games it just brings home what a poor facility Withdean really is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here