Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"With padded seats being installed in three of the four stands"

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Sorry I have been away and may have missed this or is this just shocking journalism again from the Argus?

"With padded seats being installed in three of the four stands" I thought all seats were going to be padded or are we cutting costs to offer Muzza more money?

The new Amex Stadium revealed From The Argus)

Last edited:

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I thought that was odd - I'm sure previous comments have been along the lines that every seat is padded and of the quality and size being used in the VIP area of the London Olympic Stadium. Maybe the away fans can't be trusted with such luxury!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I believe they mean three of the four stands have been/are being installed currently.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not a great quality video, but some shots from the West Stand looking at the seats installed in the East Stand is worth a look in that link.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I'd heard that as well as being the designated dry stand (no alcohol served) the North Stand would have wooden bench-style seating. Argus article appears to confirm this.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Read that piece earlier, and thought this is brilliant - first I've heard of it!

One of these clever touches is a rolling shutter system that will allow the club to open up parts of the away end to home fans when smaller clubs come to the Amex.

The system allows for 10% of the stadium capacity, the maximum requirement for a league game allocation, to be opened up to away fans but it can be reduced to 5% for clubs with smaller away followings.

It can also be extended to 15% to accommodate away fans for a FA Cup match.

With the new technology the club will be able to avoid a repeat of the club’s promotion clinching victory where seats were left empty in the away end after Dagenham and Redbridge brought less than 250 fans while thousands of Albion fans sought a ticket in vain.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
New technology? They have that in the Arthur Waite stand at shitty old Selhurst, it's hardly revolutionary that you can divide a stand up underneath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here