Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

with noone now with us ,will we ever see lualua back

The Hon Sec

Feb 23, 2009
Deep up County
I understand the need for width but the question of wide players is always open to question. You cannot be inflexible. It always depends on the needs of the moment. And anyway you always hope that they are two footed and intelligent enough for it not to be too much of a problem.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Noone is left footed. LuaLua is right footed. I will never like the inverting of wingers, you don't do it with fullbacks and it's not a good idea with wingers either as far as I am concerned. Good as though Robben is playing on the right and cutting in, it condenses the game and the last thing we need is to become even more narrow. People have been talking about teams working us out, and the reason is we've become easy to defend against because we have no width. Noone will address that.

All Kaz's free kick goals were with his right foot, weren't they? His assists were all with his left though I think. Very useful versatility. I think Gus wants to sign him permanently. A figure of £500,000 was quoted. The spanner in the works could be if Newcastle are relegated.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
All Kaz's free kick goals were with his right foot, weren't they? His assists were all with his left though I think. Very useful versatility. I think Gus wants to sign him permanently. A figure of £500,000 was quoted. The spanner in the works could be if Newcastle are relegated.

Yep, LuaLua hasn't scored with his left foot. The classic example of a left footed assist from LuaLua that alot of people would remember is the Barnes header against Southampton last season, what a cross into the box that was. I've nothing against versatility and I'd love us to sign LuaLua permanently, but I'm glad we've signed a natural left footer to play on our left wing. If we can get LuaLua for £500,000 then I think that can only be viewed as a sound investment. We might be being a bit ambitious assuming that we can afford that, aswell as the quater of a million we've paid for Noone, but I think it makes perfect business sense to splash out on LuaLua, he'll be worth a LOT more than that, even in a years time.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
if we get KLL and play benno behind the strikers as guss said that would fill any empty seats at falmer PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This from the Times a couple of days ago following Newcastles signing of Ben Afra "Ben Arfa, Taylor and Carroll fit Ashley’s vision for the future of Newcastle. Gone are the days of record-breaking transfer fees and huge wages, with the club looking to sign young, ambitious players, preferably at little cost, who will, in time, command a sell-on fee. " KLL fits their new approach, can't see him being released esp by Pardew to us.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This from the Times a couple of days ago following Newcastles signing of Ben Afra "Ben Arfa, Taylor and Carroll fit Ashley’s vision for the future of Newcastle. Gone are the days of record-breaking transfer fees and huge wages, with the club looking to sign young, ambitious players, preferably at little cost, who will, in time, command a sell-on fee. " KLL fits their new approach, can't see him being released esp by Pardew to us.

Player power rules and if Kaz doesn't want to play for that knob Pardew then they will have to sell him to a bigger club like us :lolol::lolol::lolol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
In that argus article Gus seems to be saying he wants him for the next three or four years, does that indicate a deal is done ?

I doubt it, just Poyet saying he would like that. If it had been possible thus far, it probably would have happened already.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
LuaLua.........................the special one!

I know the cognescenti say it isn't him but I wouldn't mind betting that most of our fans would be very happy indeed if it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here