Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With no competition for left or right back

Sep 1, 2010
We need a few loan defenders on loan in my opinion. It certainly not helped playing so many games in the last 10 days but Calde and Painter need to be pushed harder for places. We have been VERY poor at the back the last 3 games

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
We need a few loan defenders on loan in my opinion. It certainly not helped playing so many games in the last 10 days but Calde and Painter need to be pushed harder for places. We have been VERY poor at the back the last 3 games

Hard to disagree with that really

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Arty you are spot on. I would also like a plan B.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I agree. Could not undertand all the way through last season why we had no apparent back up at left-back. I assumed we'd sort this in the summer. Now is the time surely?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Is this to help with the singing?:cool:

But i agree, we need to be able to change our style a bit more. Having a big target man up front would help as well for this

I dont like being critical of the great man (Gus) but yes two up top I think is needed, defo for home games.

Sep 1, 2010
It is odd that Gus has not really pushed to buy a left or right back in his entire reign as manager. I sometimes think he looks for someone too specific

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus has given the 2 full backs a decent run and I would be suprised if he doesn't bring in loan defenders now. It is not just bad luck that we are shipping so many goals now. There are too many quality players in this division for us to try and muddle through with Calde and Painter as unchallenged 1st teamers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While the full backs could be doing a hell of a lot better we don't seem to want to close people with the ball down. Also the full backs are being left isolated\ not backed up which is not something we did last season

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Gus has given the 2 full backs a decent run and I would be suprised if he doesn't bring in loan defenders now. It is not just bad luck that we are shipping so many goals now. There are too many quality players in this division for us to try and muddle through with Calde and Painter as unchallenged 1st teamers.

Absolutely

SPOT ON !

LB being slightly more urgent than RB in my opinion though, I understand, that not necessarily so as heard on today's report.

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
Not just the full backs but midfield as well we need some real quality in the side to compete at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here