Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With Newcastle now officially promoted to the Premiership....

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Did Newcastle not state, that the reason he came to us, was that they were not prepared to loan him to a team in their league [ie the Championship]?

Now they are up, they might prefer to see him get experience a level higher.

This is what I'm worried about.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
I think that Nerwcastle will be happy to offload him for a reasonable fee - or loaning him for a season for a club at the top of League One would be good for his confidence, rather than a Championship struggler.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If they want 500k +, i think we have to stump up the cash for that...

Our midfield would be then title contender class..

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It must depend on how LuaLua sees his future. He could join us and be a part of a winning team trying to hold onto his place for the next few years or he could go out on loan in the championship for a year and then try and fight for a spot at Newcastle.

If he leaves Newcastle permanantly then I think he will come here, He knows that over the next 3-5 years we will be getting promoted and pushing for a regular place in the championship and we could garuntee him first team football as long as he keeps performing

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It must depend on how LuaLua sees his future. He could join us and be a part of a winning team trying to hold onto his place for the next few years or he could go out on loan in the championship for a year and then try and fight for a spot at Newcastle.

If he leaves Newcastle permanantly then I think he will come here, He knows that over the next 3-5 years we will be getting promoted and pushing for a regular place in the championship and we could garuntee him first team football as long as he keeps performing

100% agree with that.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle will have to sign a fair few players to prosper next season, even the majority of those who've got them back up are nowhere near good enough to sustain a decent Premier League campaign.

Kevin Nolan and a few others will be alright, but there's no way Andy Carroll is going to set the PL on fire, so it stands to reason they'll bringing some new players in. Thus the players who are already on the fringes will be straight out the exit door surely.

We must have a good chance of picking up LuaLua.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here