Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

with friends like you.........

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
dont accept any charge or even caution! You'll be chucked out of EF [assuming you are EF+] for taking a caution for a football, alcohol, or violence offence.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
When I got done at Luton I just kept pleading not guilty until they lost interest (2nd court appearence). Just keep doing that, they won't take it very far.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can't you go through the Police complaints commission - you may not get far, but it may be worth a shot?

Not worth the time and effort to be honest, its at best his word against theres and no chance of the IPCC running with it. You don't have to be interviewed for certain offences either if the police don't wish to interview you.

What were you charged with Older Bloke?

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
When I got done at Luton I just kept pleading not guilty until they lost interest (2nd court appearence). Just keep doing that, they won't take it very far.

Timbo

Fair play to you.
But how much did it cost you to keep turning up at Luton?

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Not worth the time and effort to be honest, its at best his word against theres and no chance of the IPCC running with it. You don't have to be interviewed for certain offences either if the police don't wish to interview you.

DMC

Thats why I asked about appearing again on Wednesday?
Seem's quick for a court apperance?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
DMC

Thats why I asked about appearing again on Wednesday?
Seem's quick for a court apperance?

Depends really, could have been as quick as the Monday after. Would have thought they had all the "evidence" they needed at the time if they decided to charge without interview.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Depends really, could have been as quick as the Monday after. Would have thought they had all the "evidence" they needed at the time if they decided to charge without interview.

MCM

"could have been as quick as the Monday after."

Remember he had his son with him.
Would not have held him in over the wekend for Monday morning appearance ;)

older bloke

Oct 20, 2008

section 5 public order act

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
But how much did it cost you to keep turning up at Luton?

I got into a bit of trouble and at Port Vale a couple of years back and had to appear at Stoke on Trent magistrates about 3 times.

I kept maintaining my innocence (despite the prosecution offering several deals of plead guilty and they would not apply for banning orders etc) and eventually got away with a bind over......and was able to reclaim all of my expences. Was even able to get legal aid because it is apprarently not income related. Must of cost the state a fortune cos I had a barrister travel up from london as well numerous soicitor visits.

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
section 5 public order act

OB

Quick post as off to match.

5 Harassment, alarm or distress

(3) It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a) that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or

(b) that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(c) that his conduct was reasonable

If you are confident you are NG then plead so. You are then likely to get a hearing date. Before then you can require the police to "disclose" all the evidence they have against you, such as statements, cctv footage etc. You will then have more time to assess how strong there case is and prepare your defence.
If you are going down that road, then maybe you want to be thinking about speaking with a local solicitor or practice in Leeds whilst you are up there tomorrow? Will avoids the hassle and cost of employing one in the Brighton area?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
OB

Quick post as off to match.

5 Harassment, alarm or distress

(3) It is a defence for the accused to prove—

(a) that he had no reason to believe that there was any person within hearing or sight who was likely to be caused harassment, alarm or distress, or

(b) that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling, or

(c) that his conduct was reasonable

If you are confident you are NG then plead so. You are then likely to get a hearing date. Before then you can require the police to "disclose" all the evidence they have against you, such as statements, cctv footage etc. You will then have more time to assess how strong there case is and prepare your defence.
If you are going down that road, then maybe you want to be thinking about speaking with a local solicitor or practice in Leeds whilst you are up there tomorrow? Will avoids the hassle and cost of employing one in the Brighton area?

Think you'll struggle to argue any of those defences though, CCTV will show you turning round and hitting the fella (or something similar). Soon as they see that you're likely to end up guilty. Fingers crossed they just drop it though/not captured on CCTV!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
plead not guilty, it will interesting to see if any prosecution witnesses come forward, if not they'll have no choice but to find you not guilty
The main problem could be being stitched up by a CCTV operator who hasn't seen the incident "live" although it was captured on video and provided a statement after reviewing the tapes. Also the FLO would have had to mention the ejection in his matchday report/notes.

older bloke

Oct 20, 2008
Happened.
What.
Actually.

?
?
?
sorry mate for not replying. in summary.........
bloke behind (bha fan) moans about me standing during game.
explained to him he's in the wrong place if that's a problem ie watch it from the sofa tomorrow.
bloke pushes me in back few minutes later.
told him that 'it wasn't the right thing to be doing' (in less words).
bloke pushes me in the back again.:tosser:
I react, I get jumped by stewards.
Cuffed, arrested, called a liar, threatened with SS due to my son being there.
Held 4hrs, swabbed, photo'd, dabs taken and charged.
Copper wrote that I landed several punches and had to be restrained by the public. load of bollocks!
magistrates chose to believe my version.
:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here