Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With all these rumoured takeovers...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Leeds Utd, Nott'm Forest, Cardiff City, et al... do you think we'll always be safe from an Asian takeover? My spine shivers to think we get bought out by some Malaysian syndicate.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
He is a massive Brighton fan. He would not leave! If he did, where would he spend his riches?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
no, not unless he was sure the club would be protected. Most buyouts to foeriegn consortiums are because clubs are either skint or unsustainable

Like Man City? I think if the money was there ANY business man would look at the proposition, and our leagues are seemingly more owned by Asians, Americans and Russians... would a business man turn down a nailed on profit?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Like Man City? I think if the money was there ANY business man would look at the proposition, and our leagues are seemingly more owned by Asians, Americans and Russians... would a business man turn down a nailed on profit?

there are exceptions, man city being one, but pompey, birmingham, cardiff, Leicester, liverpool, villa, man u have all gone down that route of purely profit for owners even if it means massively increasing clubs debt.

a middle eastern petro billionaire, fine. a cobbled together consortium of either, ex players, Asians, Americans or russian oligharcs no thx

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We'll end up being the Asian owned league of world players at the rate things are going, never say never.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Tony Bloom will only EVER do what is best for this football club.

Trust in that if nothing else.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tony Bloom will only EVER do what is best for this football club.

Trust in that if nothing else.

How do you know that? You aren't basing anything on fact, if we became a prospect for profit to some Asian conglomerate, why would a business man not look at it? Not basing my scenario on fact either... just so many 'attractive' clubs are being bought out nowadays.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
How do you know that? You aren't basing anything on fact, if we became a prospect for profit to some Asian conglomerate, why would a business man not look at it? Not basing my scenario on fact either... just so many 'attractive' clubs are being bought out nowadays.

I'm basing it on the fact that Tony Bloom is a Brighton & Hove Albion fan who has the best interests of this football club as dear to his heart as do any of us. I'm not sure whether you remember a quote he gave just after taking over as chairman, but it went something like this:

"Every true football fan has their love of the game built around their support for a team. Mine is Brighton, always has been and always will be."

I trust that whatever he does if this situation should ever arise will be motivated by the best interests of this football club.

Last edited:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
The old saying 'everything has a price' is true 99% of the time IMO. As far as The Albion are concerned, I don't think this is the case because, as others have said, TB & his family f***ing love our club. If an investor came along, he wouldn't turn them away, as long has he had ultimate control. Just my opinion like!

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I'm basing it on the fact that Tony Bloom is a Brighton & Hove Albion fan who has the best interests of this football club as dear to his heart as do any of us. I'm not sure whether you remember a quote he gave just after taking over as chairman, but it went something like this:

"Every true football fan has their love of the game built around their support of a team. Mine is Brighton, always has been and always will be."

I trust that whatever he does if this situation should ever arise will be motivated by the best interests of this football club.

Nuff sed

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

"Every true football fan has their love of the game built around their support of a team. Mine is Brighton, always has been and always will be."

That's trust, not fact.

The old saying 'everything has a price' is true 99% of the time IMO. As far as The Albion are concerned, I don't think this is the case because, as others have said, TB & his family f***ing love our club. If an investor came along, he wouldn't turn them away, as long has he had ultimate control. Just my opinion like!

Wasn't his uncle a director in the Archer/Stanley days?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'd say there's a very strong possibility. Financing a football club is a huge commitment and as rich as Bloom is I'm not sure he's in the same league as those that continually pump money in chasing success. I'd be surprised if the club ever made any profit unless in Prem and if there were an operating surplus he'd pump it back into strengthening anyway. If any of his other business interests were to struggle in any way he may have to sell out in order to get some of his £100M or whatever it is back.

If it came to it I'm sure he would be as diligent as possible to get the right owner(s) but once the deal is done who knows.

I'd say the situation isn't a whole lot different to Madjeski and pretty sure TB is around for several years yet, but as said above, never say never

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That's trust, not fact.

Tony Bloom is a Brighton & Hove Albion fan. FACT

Tony Bloom has the best interests of this club at heart (as evidenced by the fact that he paid for the Amex, for a start out). FACT

Tony Bloom made the quote I used. FACT

Do I trust him with this football club, the club we all love so much? YES

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
That's trust, not fact.

Wasn't his uncle a director in the Archer/Stanley days?

Yep Uncle Ray, this is the first time though that one of the Bloom clan have had enough readies to 'steer the ship'. I also think TB watched the club get slaughtered when he was younger and thought f*** this, when the time comes I'm in there. Again, just my opinion like!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here