Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Witches

Since we are coming up to Halloween etc.

What I can't understand, if witches were so powerful, inaugurating spells, witchcraft, demons etc.

How come they were so easily caught and dunked and burnt?

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
And on a similar note, if ghosts can walk through walls, why don't they fall through the floor?

Then the slightest breeze would play havoc with them and, man, if they get near the central heating vent, they'll be off. . .

Sorry to pull you up on a technicality again old chap but as they have no mass, there is nothing for the breeze (or walls) to affect.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And if they are so powerful why dont THEY sort out all the worlds suffering...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If they've got no mass, how can their chains clank?

How many ghosts do you know with clanking chains? There was only Jacob Marley and he was fictional. A bit of poetic licence there from Dickens methinks.

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
Sorry to pull you up on a technicality again old chap but as they have no mass, there is nothing for the breeze (or walls) to affect.

Out of interest, how do they move then? If it doesn't work one way, how could it possibly work the other?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
So how do poltergeists work then, aren't they ghosts as wel and with no mass how do they get things to move?

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
How many ghosts do you know with clanking chains? There was only Jacob Marley and he was fictional. A bit of poetic licence there from Dickens methinks.

Well documented, actually.

For example, one of the earliest known ghost "sightings" in the west took place in Athens, Greece. Pliny the Younger (c. 63 - 113 AD) described it in a letter to Licinius Sura: Athenodoros Cananites (c. 74 BC – 7 AD), a Stoic philosopher, decided to rent a large, Athenian house, to investigate widespread rumors that it was haunted. Athenodoros staked out at the house that night, and, sure enough, a dishevelled, aged spectre, bound at feet and hands with rattling chains, eventually "appeared". (Stolen from Wikipedia)

Out of interest, how do they move then? If it doesn't work one way, how could it possibly work the other?

I'm no expert, but I think it has something to do with sneezing.

rentaghost__470_02_470x353.jpg

Lokki,

Since you obviously know about these things,

How did the witches fly around on their broom sticks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here