Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wish list for falmer

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Standing terracing behind the goals.

Harveys in the bars.

11 bold gladiators in the stripes who are good enough to match any visiting side.

But failing that, just a stadium with a roof will do.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1) Covered on all four sides.

2) Facilities that can cope with a full house

3) A team worthy of the stadium

4) Dick Knight being recognised as a visionary fan by the few who constantly snipe at him (from behind their keyboards)

5) A PA system that can be heard without distorting

6) Toilets that don't involve paddling to get to.

7) That it happens soon

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Shame we cant all sit together isnt it ! As most of us NSC'ers willl be season ticket holders we will probably all be spread out :nono:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
No laughing please:

Vegetarian food.

I was gutted when Chester City went out the league. The only place you could get cheese and onion pasties.
One of the caravans at Withdean sells cheese and onion pasties.

It's in the South Stand foyer and it's the one that also does doughnuts.

Do I mean "foyer"?

:)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lord Bracknell said:
One of the caravans at Withdean sells cheese and onion pasties.

Do I mean "foyer"?

:)

Not much good for us North Stand veggies though. Do they think we're too posh to eat veggie food? :)

And what sort of word is foyer at a footie ground?:lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
mitch said:
that wish can come true about the parking £5 per car as long as you have 4 passengers.read it somewhere

The quoted figure during the enquiry was £9 per car - on the basis that it would encourage maximum number of people to each car!

Albion Rob

northstandnorth said:
yeah give us a terrace behind a goal a decent singing area

the german teams manage standing in new stadia safely

They're very well organised though and took the issue to their parliament before securing terracing.

Unfortunately, over here it is far too sevsitive an issue with Hillborough having claimed so many lives and terracing being the cited as a cause of this. People forget the Bradford fire was in seats (albeit in a wooden stand).

A shame the real causes of Hillsborough (crazy policing and the fear of hooliganism causing police to wet their pants and cram everyone towards the stadium and subsequently have to let them all in and not think things through and let them all walk to their deaths in that cebtral pen) couldn't have been addressed as effectively as seating was in the Taylor report.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
There should be a stand behind the goal with unreserved seating for sure. I'd prefer standing too but all the time we have regualtions about it from the FA unreserved seating is the next best thing. And it should be the Peter Ward stand.

Guinness and Harveys in the bars.

Stealing Kidderminster's pie chef for the catering

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:

Do I mean "foyer"?

No, I think you'll find it's 'atrium'. :D

Wish list

Easy access from the railway station.

Real ale bars in the ground where the beer is not watered down.

A win every game.

Urinals that, when you piss in them, the liquid brings up the face of Archer/Bellotti on the porcelain.

A stadium/fortress we can be proud of, and that we can finally call home, Ma.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i think they've all been said but....

1) a terrace behind one of the goals, but regs, etc - unreserved seating would be the next best.

2) a stand named after dick knight

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
C1 BHA said:
A Season Ticket that's not 40% more than all the other clubs in our Division. I can hear it now....sorry faithful Brighton fans, it has to be £650 a season, look at the superb facilities you've got now:angry:

With 22000 capacity, it won't be possible to charge such a premium on season tickets. The only reason people buy them for Withdean is because you wouldn't get in otherwise!

At most Div1 clubs, a season ticket is a saving of between 25 and 50% on pay on the day prices.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
More than 4" of legroom.

Seats that don't wobble back and forth when someone moves within 10 yards of you.

Away dugouts within spitting distance of the crowd.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
edna krabappel said:
Seats that don't wobble back and forth when someone moves within 10 yards of you.

I quite like that feature of Withdean, actually! It's the only way to wake up the old fella a few seats down from me. I doubt we'll need them at Falmer, though, cos the atmosphere will be too good to fall asleep.:D

Just hope it's not like the Majedski, though. I'm sure the whole structure was swaying last season. And I wasn't drunk!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here