Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wish I'd gone to the football instead...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Went on a 24hr 'escape & evasion' event this weekend, for no other reason than when a mate metioned it in the pub 6 months ago it seemed like fun thing to do ... :nono:

Set off midday Saturday, and had to get to a grid reference 30 miles away on foot, by 11:30am, Sunday. Piece of piss... :nono: :nono:

You get 3 hours before the pusurers in 4x4s and on bikes are sent to come and look for you, so the best route is cross county so you can hold up in hedges and woods etc.

Strategy was to head off fast, get as many miles in as possible, go past the finish point and then approach it at first light from the blind-side, so to speak.
Well, my first blister came on at about 10pm. Being the Ray Mears of NSC, I decided to slice it with a knife, wash it out with water and then tape it up. Big mistake ... bigger mistake was that I did the same to both feet :shootself
Oh, and I had forgotten my tape...:shootself :shootself

When you add in the inevitable confrontation with an angry 'get orf moi land' farmer and the fact that my mate got cornered and then bitten by a sheep dog with one eye :clap2::clap2: it was an eventful 24 hours...

For the record I can now hardly walk and we got captured lying up in a hedgerow 100yrds from the finish :dunce:

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Lush said:
You pranny. Is now a good time to enquire how much a fun packed day like this costs?

:angry: :angry: :angry: :censored:

:angry: :angry:

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
My god I can't think of much i'd rather NOT do on a saturday afternoon

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Crazy Cornish Gal said:
My god I can't think of much i'd rather NOT do on a saturday afternoon

Quite. And I've spared you the details of the night spent sleeping in a ditch with a dead badger. (One of my more responsive partners, to be fair...)

Ps - I didn't actually know there waas a dead baadger there until the light came up in the morning, and to be frank by that point, like the badger, I was well past the caring stage).

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
By comparison,having been planned for 6 months we had to set off at 10am and to avoid sobriety hole up in the Market Porter 3 hrs before all hell broke loose.Our grid reference meant that we could get as many pints in as possible between consuming exotics burgers and hot-dogs across a road strewn with dangerous scantily clad female tourists.
The inevitable confrontation with angry chavs came soon after outside the enemy's bunker but after an eventful 12hrs i can hardly be bothered to walk.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you enjoy doing stuff like that join the Army and get paid for it.

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
Bry Nylon said:
Quite. And I've spared you the details of the night spent sleeping in a ditch with a dead badger. (One of my more responsive partners, to be fair...)

Ps - I didn't actually know there waas a dead baadger there until the light came up in the morning, and to be frank by that point, like the badger, I was well past the caring stage).

No that is funny!! :lolol: :lolol: :clap:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
gvce26 said:
Sounds hillarous, tell more!:lolol:

Hillarious???:angry:

I went off a fit, healty young(ish) man, with a spring in my step and a song in my heart, and now, having decided on a whim to carry out an amatuer surgery to the souls of my feet with a Swiss Army knife and a bottle of Evian I'll soon be getting a little badge for my car windscreen that lets me park right outside the doors at Tescos... :dunce:

Crazy Cornish Gal

Dec 26, 2003
Brighton
Bry Nylon said:
Hillarious???:angry:

having decided on a whim to carry out an amatuer surgery to the souls of my feet with a Swiss Army knife and a bottle of Evian

What the hell made you think that was a good idea?? :D

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Starry said:
What is the reward for getting to the finish point without being found?

That's the bit I never found out :down:

We did get a plastic medal for coming 2nd in our catagory *big whoop* I was unable to walk to the presentation table with any kind of dignity to collect mine, so I just sat there when they called my name and looked nochelant...

Last edited:

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
My mate has had to do something similar twice now while serving in the Navy. Both times it has been in the middle of winter and they are left on Dartmoor. The second time he was caught after 30 mins and was told he was an embarrassment to the Navy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wondergull said:
The second time he was caught after 30 mins and was told he was an embarrassment to the Navy.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
Top man! If I ever do anything like this again I can guarantee that I will be caught after 30 seconds :drink: :drink: :drink:

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
shouldnt the navy of been on boats or someit ? :dunce:

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Its all part of their interegation training. When he was caught he was given a bit of a kicking by some Marines. He was stripped naked and had ice cold water thrown over him and then woman were brought in to ridicule him. Still didnt talk but i reckon it would be a bit more hardcore in real life.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Bry Nylon said:
That's the bit I never found out :down:

We did get a plastic medal for coming 2nd in our class *big whoop* I was unable to walk to the presentation table with any kind of dignity to collect mine, so I just sat there when they called my name and looked nochelant...

Heh. I'm laughing, I'm sorry.

Put your feet in a bowl of luke warm (not hot is makes them hurt more) water then rub in some Vicks vapour rub and wear socks to bed.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Starry said:
Heh. I'm laughing, I'm sorry.

Put your feet in a bowl of luke warm (not hot is makes them hurt more) water then rub in some Vicks vapour rub and wear socks to bed.

I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Thank you :)

Ps - I already found out that hot water makes them hurt more. The hard way. Vicks and socks sounds like a good double act though :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:lolol: Great thread
At least its an EXPERIENCE you can tell your grandchildren about, Bry. Being hunted by people in 4x4's, must've been like trying to cross the road during a school run.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here