Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wise quits Leeds

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Although they would be 14 points ahead of the play offs with out the -15 points??? So although I don't like to say it I think they may go up

Just looked at the table too - How the f*** are Walsall 4th - they were f***ing shite when we played them

I don't think Walsall have lost since playing us! I know we didn't beat them, so I don't literally mean since that game, but they have gone 16 unbeaten now. They must have had an off-day against us because I agree they had nothing going forward at all!

Not sure about Wise. I think it's a strange decision to go and be director of football, but I suppose he was being offered a lot of money and can learn from a more experienced manager like Keegan, however surely Wise would be better being an assistant somewhere. I think people are being a bit harsh on him here though, true Leeds haven't looked quite the same since Poyet left, but I believe they still have at least play-off form and you can't expect a team to go a whole season playing at their best - no team can do that.

Having said that I would love it if Leeds didn't get promoted.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm amazed Wise has left such a MASSIVE club as Leeds to go to Newcastle.

:jester:

MOG

Miserable Old Git
Dec 16, 2007
Off My Trolley.
Bit early to replace Keegan isn't it?:shrug:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
"Newcastle are everyone's favourite second team" is something your Georides are understandably proud of hearing being bandied about.

Not any more, not with that utter w4nker up there.

Auf Wisedersehn Petulant

Although they would be 14 points ahead of the play offs with out the -15 points??? So although I don't like to say it I think they may go up

Cheltenham Town and Millwall are playing better than Leeds United at the moment - and they are both struggling to avoid relegation.

Current form Table (last 6 matches):-

Team P W D L F A Pts
Doncaster Rovers 6 5 1 0 12 2 16
Swansea City 6 5 1 0 15 6 16
Swindon Town 6 3 3 0 10 7 12
Bristol Rovers 6 3 2 1 8 3 11
Walsall 6 2 4 0 9 5 10
Gillingham 6 2 3 1 7 3 9
Carlisle United 6 3 0 3 8 10 9
Tranmere 6 3 0 3 7 9 9
Cheltenham Town 6 3 0 3 5 7 9
Millwall 6 2 2 2 9 7 8
Nottingham Forest 6 2 2 2 9 8 8
Brighton and Hove Albion 6 2 2 2 9 9 8
Leyton Orient 6 2 2 2 7 9 8
Northampton Town 6 2 2 2 5 8 8
Leeds United 6 2 1 3 8 8 7
Oldham Athletic 6 1 4 1 4 4 7
Bournemouth 6 2 1 3 12 14 7
Luton 6 2 1 3 9 11 7
Hartlepool United 6 1 3 2 9 12 6
Southend United 6 1 2 3 10 11 5
Huddersfield 6 1 2 3 7 9 5
Yeovil Town 6 1 2 3 3 6 5
Port Vale 6 1 1 4 7 10 4
Crewe Alexandra 6 1 1 4 6 10 4

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The moaning little weasel can fcuk off for all I care, good to see the Leeds management duo showing loyalty, both ran off as soon as the premiersh!t came calling.

I hope he suffers the hell from all hells under the KK revolution, which ain't gonna happen. KK will run long before it falls around his ego.

In case you haven't noticed I don't like Newcastle or their so called fans. Best fans in the country, bo!!ocks. Where were the other 39,000 when Mark Gaul scored in front of the Gallowgate End in a 1-0 win. You could class them as glory hunters but they are too thick to realise that they haven't won a pot for 50 years.

Anyway, back to therapist for my anger management classes

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Bates is more concerned about sueing The FA, for their 15 point deduction. To care about Leeds at the moment. Hopefully this will see Leeds slide down the table, like a downhill skiier.

no, he's not kev. far, far from it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Thinking about this today, Leeds didn't seem to put up any fight at all regarding losing Wise, which I thought was odd.

I also thought it was odd for Wise to leave (into a director of football role), when he has every chance of taking Leeds up.

Only think I could think of was that Leeds are going to be taken over sooner rather than later and Wise knew if he was going to be off anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Kevin Keegan was impressed by Wiseys ambition when he stated that he wants to take a club into the Championship. :laugh:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Who is to say the Keegan had ANYTHING to do the appointment.

Managers don't usually appoint Directors of Football do they ?

Devils advocate here, but what's to say the appointment has been done by the chairman / owners to keep Keegan in check, knowing that Wise is a VERY different character.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cant understand Wise going as Director of Football as that is normally a job that is created for some old has been at the club like in our case Martin Hinshlewood, Lennie Lawrence at Bristol Rovers etc

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They need someone to make the tea and put the biscuits on a paper plate.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Thinking about this today, Leeds didn't seem to put up any fight at all regarding losing Wise, which I thought was odd.

I also thought it was odd for Wise to leave (into a director of football role), when he has every chance of taking Leeds up.

Only think I could think of was that Leeds are going to be taken over sooner rather than later and Wise knew if he was going to be off anyway.

bingo.

though 'soon' means a few months, bates has some unfinished business that he intends finishing before going.

Caravan Club

Jul 28, 2004
Tunbridge Wellsb
Wasn't there some agreement that when Bates' new company took over after that they weren't allowed to sell for a period of time - 18 months rings a bell.

It was obvious that Bates had a plan. Take Leeds into administration, buy them back cheap and then sell them off as a nice debt free club.

It bloody stinks. They should have forced him to own it for 10 years so that he suffered as much as the poor sods that he wouldn't pay.

And then you hear of Leeds fans writing to MPs asking for sympathy......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here