Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wireless music adapters

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Having buggered my audio port on my laptop it seems the only way to get itunes through my amp is to buy a wireless adapter- i've seen one in richer sounds for £50,

any cheaper elsewhere?

or is there an alternative solution to my problem??

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Have a look at Apple Airport Express.

http://www.apple.com/uk/airportexpress/

Connect an audio lead from the airport express to your amp and then set iTunes to wirelessly transmit the music from your laptop to your airport express.

...locking you down to one poorly performing music programme that can't natively decode the second (wma) and fourth (ogg) most popular music storage formats. Not a good idea.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Couldn't you just get a headphone jack to 2 phono lead? Probably about 99p on ebay.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
He's damaged his audio jack.

He could get a USB sound card (from a tenner for shit sound to 80 for very good), or a PCMCIA one (from about 120), though.

Ah right. Thats what he meant by a "port". I thought it was some highly technical gadgetry that you get on new laptops. :lolol:

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Hmmmmm,

right, a soundcard? how does that work? i want the music through my amp, not just improved laptop sound.

port/jack same thing innit??

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Hmmmmm,

right, a soundcard? how does that work? i want the music through my amp, not just improved laptop sound.

port/jack same thing innit??

Clearly, I'd just never heard anyone call it a port before. I think you can get a USB sound card which will then have the outputs that you can connect to your amp.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Looks like it although I'm certainly no authority on it. Looks like you connect the USB to your computer then you've got the phono to connect to your amp.

Alternative is to go for something like this (although I'm not suggesting that you should shop at PC World or that this model does what you need).

Thats what we've got - one end to the red and black from the amp, the other end in the USB... anything that comes through the amp is recorded on the PC...all our tapes and vinyl are being preserved as we speak....decent quality too...not brilliant but not bad...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here