Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winning The Johnstone's Paint Trophy or Top 6 Finish?

One or the Other, Not BOTH

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
JPT means absolutely nothing. For example, who won the last 3 years JPT ?........exactly

It would have meant plenty to those who actually won it though, which is the point.

I couldn't tell you who won the last 3 league or FA cups either. Do they mean 'nothing' too, then?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Top 6 finish by about 1000000000 miles. Getting to the Championship and beyond is far more important in the grand scheme of things.

Tottenham have proved winning a cup does not improve a clubs' league standing one iota.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I didn't realise we had a choice...

I would chose not getting relegated.

Now now Richie, there's negative and then there's that ^^^

Do you not think (bar the last 20 minutes) we put in a very good performance on Saturday? You only seemed a little bit cheesed off when me & Chesney saw you after the game.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think we played OK. Some decent passing movement and Savage and Thornton made a big difference.

However, we were only playing a very poor side.

The tactics made me worry more than the performance itself.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Top 6 no question!

I have no interest in this tournament and it is just an extra back log of games at the end of the season..

Didn't help us last year one bit.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
JPT - shit cup in my eyes, all the crap teams in one crap cup, a trip to wembley would be great, granted, but it will be about 1/4 full and full of the jolly "big-day-trippers" and their flasks so not exactly a great day out - even if you WIN, you get 250k (nice) but thats it.

On balance I would prefer the top six finish but don't agree at all with your demeaning comments about fans who might go to Wembley. Are you really that superior?

The attendance for last year's final between MK Dons and Grimsby was 56,618 (a bit more than a quarter) and I would suggest that, were Albion to get there against a better supported team than Grimsby, there would be far more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The JPT was Mickey Mouse when it was the Sherpa Van trophy and nothing's changed. No interest in it at all

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We might yet win the JPT but we probably won't finish in the top 6, so it's a good job that is actually my preference really.

I quite fancy popping my new-Wembley cherry with the Albion and 40,000 other Albion "fans".

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
On balance I would prefer the top six finish but don't agree at all with your demeaning comments about fans who might go to Wembley. Are you really that superior?

The attendance for last year's final between MK Dons and Grimsby was 56,618 (a bit more than a quarter) and I would suggest that, were Albion to get there against a better supported team than Grimsby, there would be far more.

Fair enough mate there may be more than a 1/4 inside wembley - i certainly am not superior to any other fans, however i do like a bloody good piss upm loads of singing and banter etc..... but how excited would you REALLY be to win it - i mean honestly....?

would you be excited to ring your mates and say "oi timmy you'll never guess what, we're only gone and won the faaacking Johnstones Paint Trophy"

the response is likely to be either a massive amount of laughing and rolling on the floor

or... f*** off you loser!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I am pretty sure my annoyance and dissapointment of dropping another 2 points at the end against Cheltenham would EASILY outway a JPT final loss..

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Fair enough mate there may be more than a 1/4 inside wembley - i certainly am not superior to any other fans, however i do like a bloody good piss upm loads of singing and banter etc..... but how excited would you REALLY be to win it - i mean honestly....?

would you be excited to ring your mates and say "oi timmy you'll never guess what, we're only gone and won the faaacking Johnstones Paint Trophy"

the response is likely to be either a massive amount of laughing and rolling on the floor

or... f*** off you loser!

If there were 33,000 Albion fans there like MK Dons had last time, then I am sure I could enjoy myself there. I couldn't care less what my mates think- I support Albion for my pleasure, not anyone else's - but I know they wouldn't be saying anything like you make out.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
If there were 33,000 Albion fans there like MK Dons had last time, then I am sure I could enjoy myself there. I couldn't care less what my mates think- I support Albion for my pleasure, not anyone else's - but I know they wouldn't be saying anything like you make out.

thats good then mate - i am not trying to knock your enthusiasm, i think its great and if you like it then good for you.

just saying for me its not enough to get me moist ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here