Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winglets,those bits on the end of a aeroplane wing !

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Not yet, which class/cabin did you fly in? Hoping to try AF's 380 CDG-JFK next year one way and on the way back JFK-LCY on BA's baby bus.

I have to confess I treated myself to biz, as this was a first long trip for 12 years, and I was going all the way to Sydney in one go. SQ's 380 is like a flying palace (apologies for swearing!!). I had read on Skytrax that the whole Singapore Girl thing is just a front, and that they are just as moody as any other hosties. Not true. How those girls remain just as attractive after a 13 hour flight as before I do not know - tons of make up maybe, but they genuinely seem to enjoy serving you or maybe it was the time I spent in the lounge beforehand, gorging on pork buns. As many free beers and wines as you want as well, risky knowing the number of knobheads who fly business these days. Lounge very nice too, and I can report for the benefit of Mendoza, John Dorian, etc, that a very acceptable dump and shower were partaken of; the washrooms are better than those in a first class hotel. The only downside was that the Singapore to Sydney leg was on a rather tired old 747, and I was sitting next to a miserable Singaporean businessman who complained all the time. Perhaps he was WW's long lost Singaporean uncle lol?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I have to confess I treated myself to biz, as this was a first long trip for 12 years, and I was going all the way to Sydney in one go. SQ's 380 is like a flying palace (apologies for swearing!!). I had read on Skytrax that the whole Singapore Girl thing is just a front, and that they are just as moody as any other hosties. Not true. How those girls remain just as attractive after a 13 hour flight as before I do not know - tons of make up maybe, but they genuinely seem to enjoy serving you or maybe it was the time I spent in the lounge beforehand, gorging on pork buns. As many free beers and wines as you want as well, risky knowing the number of knobheads who fly business these days. Lounge very nice too, and I can report for the benefit of Mendoza, John Dorian, etc, that a very acceptable dump and shower were partaken of; the washrooms are better than those in a first class hotel. The only downside was that the Singapore to Sydney leg was on a rather tired old 747, and I was sitting next to a miserable Singaporean businessman who complained all the time. Perhaps he was WW's long lost Singaporean uncle lol?
That sounds fantastic, did you do a TR on FT or airliners that i could link into?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Aren't 'winglets' the little piece of paper that goes in the rubbish bin after girls have removed them from 'Bodyform' products? Or was it 'Always'?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If you're ever in a park or somewhere that has crows in, watch them glide into land if you get the chance. The ends of their wings curl up just like on the planes....which i do believe is where the engineers originally got their ideas from.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here