Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windows Media Player Help

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Right when i use the media player to play cd's its fine, but when i play dvds on it it get the pictures but no sound. Anyone got any ideas and yes i have turned turning it off then on again

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
ys, the volume is set to high, it has worked beofre, just stopped working

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
You could check your soundcard volume isn't muted or set to zero

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Try going..... Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > CD/DVD-Rom drives (and you could also check 'Sound, Video and Game Controllers' while you are at this dialogue.....)

and see if there's a problem there?

Other than that, check nothing's muted :thumbsup:

junping on this one, but can you record film dvd's in window media (windows xp)?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I use media player for cd's but have another program for DVD's......why don't you try downloading a freebie dvd player ? go to CNET and browse there are usually lots of free to download programs

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
junping on this one, but can you record film dvd's in window media (windows xp)?

I don't know if this helps, but I bought an internal DVD-drive to burn DVDs and found that you need a seperate DVD authoring programme for films, unlike music, where you can use WMP11 for example to burn music discs...

Also, after reading this thread, I popped a DVD in my drive and tried to play it in WMP11 (XP OS) but nothing happened. Does WMP11 play DVDs I wonder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here