Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Windows 7

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Just installed a 64 bit Enterprise, damn it's so much faster than Vista. Can recommend this upgrade.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Costs money, can't be arsed.

I'm running Jolicloud on my laptop now. Nice and quick and does everything I need without pissing me off. Just need to find a way of transferring tracks to my iPod without Windows and I never need use it again

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Win7 is indeed quality, much prefer it to WinXP, a few teething problems but they've mostly been fixed. Only big one was Firefox being gay (stalling and taking ages to load stuff) since its last update so I've switched to google chrome, very nice I must say.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I went from XP-Win7 last weekend, once you get past some of the 'safe' features and get it sorted the way you want it, its as good as OSX for me. It is a new install granted but so far so good!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Seconded, quality operating system, worth the price when you shop around.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
If you think Windows 7 is quick, install Windows Server 2008 r2, then Windows Aero and prioritise programs! Haven't looked back at Windows 7 since the upgrade

Good luck trying to get flash to work with IE8 64bit. The 32bit IE8 I find is rather flakey...

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I went from XP-Win7 last weekend, once you get past some of the 'safe' features and get it sorted the way you want it, its as good as OSX for me. It is a new install granted but so far so good!

I had to work on a couple of Macs recently, the first time I have used OSX. Can't honestly see any real advantage. However, what would be considered and advantage to some was a bit of a disadvantage to me. I had to try to delete a printer of one of the Macs which was rather hard as it was trying to send a print to a non existent printer. (Caused by it being a wireless printer using DHCP). You would have got a similar problem in Windows but you can get further into Windows than you can with a Mac as far as I could see. Of course the other side of that is that because you can't get into a Mac so easily it's also a lot harder to mess up.

It's just a bind when it is ill though !

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
try this (found on another forum) :

Create a new folder anywhere you like using windows explorer (I put mine in the C: directory)

Name it: GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} - The ‘GodMode.’ bit can be replaced with whatever you like, the important bit is {ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

It's a convenient way to get at all the scattered controls that Windows leaves all over the place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here