Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon crowds are essentially twats: Discuss

They speak in French, Deuce, they score in base 15. Its retarded.

Its like Ice dancing, pointless to anyone with a brain.

BTW
Dont go dissin Edna you spaz just because your insecure in your sexuality.

Insecure in sexuality? you are the guy INSECURELY labeling people/tennis players by the derogatory term poofs!

macedonian sausage

Mar 3, 2009
I can't believe the ignorance of some people on here, 3 years ago i applied in the public ballot for tickets and sucessfully got tickets for the ladies semi-finals (henin v clijesters and sharapova v someone else). The tickets were £70, centre court has a certain aura about it that modern arenas cannot match, the whole place oozes class. i was amazed at the athleticism of the players, we also saw mixed doubles matches later in the day and you see how powerfully the men could serve and volley. that summer also went to the world cup in germany, wimbledon pissed all over it. You can sum up wimbledon fortnight in one word...CLASS, something edna you sadly lack

Jan 30, 2008
I can't believe the ignorance of some people on here, 3 years ago i applied in the public ballot for tickets and sucessfully got tickets for the ladies semi-finals (henin v clijesters and sharapova v someone else). The tickets were £70, centre court has a certain aura about it that modern arenas cannot match, the whole place oozes class. i was amazed at the athleticism of the players, we also saw mixed doubles matches later in the day and you see how powerfully the men could serve and volley. that summer also went to the world cup in germany, wimbledon pissed all over it. You can sum up wimbledon fortnight in one word...CLASS, something edna you sadly lack
do one :thumbsup:

People have said they cant get tickets on here and others have then gone onto say the clubs are empty, both statements are wrong and maybe if they filled the clubs they would be entered in ballots and 9 times out of 10 you get tickets.

People go about on this forum with the Idea that their view rules due to the amount of posts and their join date but in this respect they are horribly mistaken.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Insecure in sexuality? you are the guy INSECURELY labeling people/tennis players by the derogatory term poofs!

Well if the cap fits. They need a fag break ever couple of games, useless lightweights. I wouldn't mind if they cracked open a bottle of bear, ate a pork pie while telling a ballboy to f*** of but the measley tarts sit their sipping mineral water, and rubbing their bats with their towls.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Of course, some of the ignorance here is just the average ,yobbish football supporter. Das Reich, Macedonian, and MurrayMint have summed it all up superbly.
Tennis is a FANTASTIC sport....sometime gladatorial ...two people trying to annihilate each other, but at the end of the match 'comrades in arms'.
Federer v Nadal last year was ,without doubt,without exception, one of the greatest sporting contests ever. AND..sportsmanship at its ultimate finest .
No cheating,no diving, ....just hours of the finest sport imaginable !.
As i said earlier......9 months of moronic chanting, insults etc to look forward to !

Jan 30, 2008
Of course, some of the ignorance here is just the average ,yobbish football supporter. Das Reich, Macedonian, and MurrayMint have summed it all up superbly.
Tennis is a FANTASTIC sport....sometime gladatorial ...two people trying to annihilate each other, but at the end of the match 'comrades in arms'.
Federer v Nadal last year was ,without doubt,without exception, one of the greatest sporting contests ever. AND..sportsmanship at its ultimate finest .
No cheating,no diving, ....just hours of the finest sport imaginable !.
As i said earlier......9 months of moronic chanting, insults etc to look forward to !
you couldn't make it up , as with all sports money has made it fashionable ,go back 40 years and it was a snobs game take away the frilly bits and there still there :bigwave:

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
For many reasons, but here are some you may wish to consider:

1) They don't sing or shout like fans of proper sports, instead they do that appalling "Murray!" clap clap clap "Murray!" clap clap clap thing that eight year old girls do while watching their classmates play netball

2) Aorangi Terrace (or Henman Hill/Murray Mount to give it it's embarrassing BBC nickname): why do the people sitting on it feel the need to stand and give a big two handed wave every time the camera cuts to them? It's like watching a non-league side playing a 'giant'- say, Southend- in the first round of the cup, where their fans are so excited by the prospect of being on TV they just can't help themselves and gesticulate frantically at the cameras every time there's a corner

3) The spectators on Centre Court who STILL think it's funny to wait until the crowd have just about stopped cheering a point in a game between Andy Murray and just about anyone, before shouting out wittily "COME ON TIM!" :tosser:

I think the above just about covers it for me.

I suggest that 4) clapping an un-forced fault should be added. Embarassing.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Is that worse than dressing up to go to a football match?

Correct...is there anything worse than obese people in football shirts two sizes two small..week in ,week out.

We are talking here of people having a LAUGH....lets all get a life and just enjoy our summer. AND, we arnt just talking about two weeks etc....its WIMBLEDON...the players favourite tournement.. The best .
Remember ...9 months of Withdean coming back....NO atmosphere...NO nothing !

Jan 30, 2008
Correct...is there anything worse than obese people in football shirts two sizes two small..week in ,week out.

We are talking here of people having a LAUGH....lets all get a life and just enjoy our summer. AND, we arnt just talking about two weeks etc....its WIMBLEDON...the players favourite tournement.. The best .
Remember ...9 months of Withdean coming back....NO atmosphere...NO nothing !
a laugh at your expence ??

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
i'm wondering what's funnier

A) shouting 'come on Tim' when Murray's playing
or
B) Going to Hove dogs and shouting out 'I've backed the hare'?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Can't stand the game, and i do find the upper middle classness of the (majority of) supporters extremely annoying. However it's their thing - and if i don't go there or watch it then it can hardly become a major problem for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here