Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Wimbledon 2021

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Just curious about what they do with all the (nearly-new) balls? They seem to get through a lot of them.
There's a kiosk near Centre Court where they sell them from about half an hour after play starts. They only use them for 7 games but they still take a right old battering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There's a kiosk near Centre Court where they sell them from about half an hour after play starts. They only use them for 7 games but they still take a right old battering.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Isn't it 9 games? First change of balls is on 7 as they've been used in the warm up.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
:eek: Feck Boris Becker turning into Colonel Sanders?

Is that who it is? I was wondering why they'd got Sean Ryder in to do the punditry...

Screenshot_20210701-215639_Gallery.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Murray up now. Tim Henman on court side, bloody hell he’s hardly aged at all

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Murray should really jack it in, he is only going to be a shadow of the player he was, he did Wimbledon cos they will give him a wild card as he's a crowd puller and you can get a few easy games at the start, but so what? Just retire and be a pundit or coach

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What a star, a new British superstar in the making. And reflective of modern Britain, born in Toronto, Romanian and Chinese parents, moving here when she was two and making her own way.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Went to school round the corner from us in Orpington.

Same school as Dina Asher-Smith I believe.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
She is going to be huge. I suggested earlier in the thread that the hill could be renamed Radacanu Ridge. It would seem that the commentator reads NSC.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Has all the traits to be a star.

Her attitude was unbelievable, considering how inexperienced she is. So many great winners against a quality in form opposition and brilliant athletic returns.

Tonight was definitely a "remember the name" moment in British sport.

Agree completely. Except for the ;tonight' bit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
She is going to be huge. I suggested earlier in the thread that the hill could be renamed Radacanu Ridge. It would seem that the commentator reads NSC.

It won't be long now before the media shorten her christian name or put a letter before a shortened surname (G-Mac, the golfer)
I see Cameron is now Cam as he has won a few matches.
I hope they leave her well alone as she looks like a future champion yet she is so young.
Regards
R-Chopp.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Corrie on a comeback? Taken the third set off the mighty Federer. Federer 2-1 up

Can we have an Englishman winning a big game at Wimbledon after the earlier stunning win by Radacanu?

Who needs a Sweatie to get behind? :lolol:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Corrie on a comeback? Taken the third set off the mighty Federer. Federer 2-1 up

Can we have an Englishman winning a big game at Wimbledon after the earlier stunning win by Radacanu?

Who needs a Sweatie to get behind? :lolol:

Unlikely but would be great.

Edit.
Just seen he is Scottish!
Come on Roger!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We are hours behind Scotland. Emma Radacanu is not up for a while here in England

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here