Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

******** wimbledon 2011 official thread ************

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Good afternoon everyone.

The greatest tennis tournament in the world begins tomorrow and I could not see a thread so I thought i may set one up.

Tomorrow Nadal, Murray and Schiavone in action on Centre with rain expected tomorrow.

The key favourites on the men's side are the usual trio of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic but can Murray at 5-1 make it to the final.

On the women's side it is wide open with neither Williams sister fully fit and no other strong challengers who stand out. I think Sharapova will be the one to watch out for this year.

Looking forward to the next 2 weeks of some great grass court tennis ahead.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
What odds can I get on the final being between Nadal and Federer, again?

It's always a two horse race unless one of them is injured.

SNORE

9-4 is what you would get for that i think

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Going with Murray and Sharapova! looks like rain for a lot of the week and i'm going Saturday so hopefully will be a back-log and some decent matches on outside courts

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I've been offered a free ticket for Thurs 30th by a mate who's a tennis coach. I'm unsure whether to go or not as it's womens semi finals day and the tickets are for the outside courts which I guess will be doubles etc. We will try blag it into Centre or one but just wanted to know if anyone who's been thinks i should go or not as don't want my first W'Don experience to be a bit drab... Ta

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My prediction: Murray Mania to grip the nation again for the next fortnight.

:yahoo:

With a bit of luck and a bit of momentum I genuinely believe this is his year. He's on Rafa's side of the draw but I don't think he is as invincible as previous years and I reckon he'll go out before the Semi's.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
An excuse to post NSC's favourite tennis player

Come on Maria

116840614_a31a82a7ab.jpg

Maria%2BKirilenko%2B01.jpg

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Centre court looks amazing this year. Hope the rain keeps off as I have to have the week off and theres not much else on TV.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can see a Nadal vs Djokovic Final.

Poor weather means players won't get a day off in between every match, and Andy Murray always seems to have fitness issues - this time it's his ankle.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Andrew Murray set to start in 10 mins or so under the roof. The atmosphere does sound pretty good underneath it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here