Votes: 15 30.6%
  • I am not voting

Votes: 5 10.2%

• Total voters

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That Charlotte Vere for the Tories is POSH crumpet it has to be said.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Neither.

It's not about the personalities of the party leaders - because it's not a presidential election. And it's not about what the candidates are offering local people - because it's a national election.

It's about the different policies of the competing parties - we are electing a national parliament that will determine a national government.

Call me old-fashioned, but that's how I've always voted.
Not that their ever likely to but just say then that Tories policies were all to your liking, would you vote for them?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Neither.

It's not about the personalities of the party leaders - because it's not a presidential election. And it's not about what the candidates are offering local people - because it's a national election.

It's about the different policies of the competing parties - we are electing a national parliament that will determine a national government.

Call me old-fashioned, but that's how I've always voted.

Hence the option party leaders/nationally, i.e. the party's policy.

But even then I would never decide my vote purely on the party's policy nationally. You have to pay attention to the local candidate as well. I live in Hastings, a town which has benefited from hundreds of millions of pounds in government funding. Elect a poor local MP, and they are less likely to keep fighting for / put over a good argument for getting continued investment.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'm voting both locally and nationally. I am aware that policy wise, the local MP is going to vote whichever way their party leader tells her/him to vote. So national policies are important. However, over the last 3 years I have had a lot of contact with our MP and he is a good guy. He always takess the time to discuss policy and even if he disagrees with me, he will take the time to explain why - as a 'local MP' he is much better than many others I have had the displeasure of being ignored by.

So, for me, I will vote on the national issues, but will also bear in mind that the incumbant is a top bloke and certainly seems to be well up on local issues.

Have voted Tory in the past - not going to this time as the candidate doesn't live in the constituency, and never has done so. I think this is a massive amount of disrespect to local issues on the part of the Tories.

Hence the option party leaders/nationally, i.e. the party's policy.

But even then I would never decide my vote purely on the party's policy nationally. You have to pay attention to the local candidate as well. I live in Hastings, a town which has benefited from hundreds of millions of pounds in government funding. Elect a poor local MP, and they are less likely to keep fighting for / put over a good argument for getting continued investment.
Mike Foster fits the bill, I would suggest. Although he was given a head start in 1997 by the appalling record of Jacqui Lait (Mrs Peter Jones) who had a particular knack of upsetting the local fisher folk.

But Mike Foster has only been a successful fighter for Hastings because he's had a Labour government to back him, with policies that support state intervention.

And IF local issues matter ... that will be a real problem for the Tories in parts of the country. How does the fact that Jacqui Lait (now MP for Beckenham) is the best they can come up with as their Shadow Secretary of State for SCOTLAND?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here