Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will you sit in your allocated seat at West Ham ?

will you sit in your allocated seat at West Ham ?

• yessiree i will sit where i'm meant to

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • no, i'll sit where i like and tell you to f@@k off

Votes: 28 35.0%

• Total voters

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
junior said:
Hopefully i'll get a ticket,and if i do im going to try and sit where i want to.I dont go allong with all this "correct seats" buisness.

If its clear that loads of people are sitting where they want on the day,and then some spanner comes and tells me "excuse me,they're our seats" etc,i will have the usual argument:angry:

Couldnt have put it better myself.:clap:

Assuming i get my ticket.:)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Zesh Rehman said:
they havent actually, and your attention seeker there, showing of that you go to England away games.

yes i am attention seeking :dunce:

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I broke up on Friday. I celebrated by going on a marathon pissup. So, HA!

If I have tickets where I sit will depend how much they cost :)

*errrr - does that make sense ? :lolol: *

Last edited:

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
junior said:
Hopefully i'll get a ticket,and if i do im going to try and sit where i want to.I dont go allong with all this "correct seats" buisness.

If its clear that loads of people are sitting where they want on the day,and then some spanner comes and tells me "excuse me,they're our seats" etc,i will have the usual argument:angry:

i don't really care about getting the actual allocated seat but three times at watford we tried to get to a seat & had the old "you aint f***ing sitting here mate". i just want to sit amongst fans who sing and shout and have a joke with their neighbour whether they know them or not. albion away experiences were like that in my early days but recent years it's seems to have evaporated (but then as i say i haven't been as much, so please correct me if i'm wrong). i had a laugh at recent trips to smellhurst but the people around us both times weren't even albion fans they just came because they knew it would be an electric atmosphere.

It all comes down to MATHEMATICS.

When there are a fair number of unsold seats (like the Watford example), it really doesn't matter whether people go in their allocated seat.

When EVERY seat has been sold (like Withdean when we had a capacity of 5,000 and were pushing for promotion - or like the Cardiff final, or West Ham or Spurs in the Cup), "go where you like" will inevitably mean that some people arriving in the last 15 minutes will have difficulty finding a space to fit the size of the group that they have arrived with, and, in the last 5 minutes before kick-off there will INEVITABLY be groups of supporters who will have real difficulty finding a space.

This is especially so in grounds like West Ham, where the allocated spaces are on several tiers, or divided by barriers within the same tier.

The stewards are employed to stop problems arising. I have every expectation that they will apply the same rule that they did at today's sold-out ManUre game - and I expect that was an insistence that people sat in the seat that was identified on the ticket.

It's the same mathematics as governs pouring beer into a glass. It doesn;t matter how you pour a half-pint bottle into a pint glass. But you have to be very careful if it's a pint bottle going into that glass.

Last edited:

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
junior said:

Your hard!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
surrey jim said:
no, i'll sit where i like and tell you to f@@k off

How very grown up of you.

Try reading Lord B's post and try to be a little more considerate.

I will be arriving with two kids. If you are in my son's seat and tell him to sit somewhere else, I will not be a happy bunny.

The only time I've moved from my allocated seat was at Grimsby, where we had seats right in the centre behind the goal. The kids (who were about 7 and 5 at the time) couldn't see because everyone was stood up (as I'd expected), so we went to the corner where the view wasn't as good for me but they could see. Someone actually asked us to move out of their seats there! We complied, and managed to find some others in the row behind.

It's really not difficult to sit where your ticket tells you to when it's a sell out, and nobody will convince me otherwise. It is simple consideration for others. Just like sitting down when you have young, old, short or infirm people behind you.

We all loved and preferred the terraces, I'm sure, but the terrace mentality just doesn't work in all seater stadia.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I agree if anyone tells me to f*** off or whatever when they are sitting in my seat, they will get a left hook swiftly followed by a right!

OK!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Had 1 guy at Coventry who told me to move, there wasnt anything that special about that seat and there were plenty of others seats, but he insisted he sat there.

Now if he had payed extra for that seat, or if it was a sell out then fine.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if stewards arnt forcing you to stick to seats then I will sit where I like . Anyone trying to stick to seats Im in will be told by my group that its grab a seat anywhere.

So, basically, summing up this thread, if you sit in someone's else's seat, you'll be told to f*** off, and if you try and move someone sitting in your seat, you'll be told to f*** off. Recipe for an entertaining day out then :p

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If I get a ticket then I'll sit where it says on the ticket. If there is someone in that seat then I won't make a fuss, I'll just stand somewhere else. If someone then makes a fuss because I'm in their seat, I will tell them to f*** off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here