Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you go to watch Albion at Withdean next year if we go down?

Will u still go if we go down

• Yes I would go no matter what

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • No cant bear to watch div 4 shit

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ernest takes it up the shitter

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I would still go to every game i could of course

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
yes, still cant afford to go to every game like the last couple of years if the prices are the same but if lowered i would do more

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'm an Albion fan. What else would I do?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes. It is not about supporting a sucessful team, but going to watch the only team that interests me enough to part with money.

It may not be the greatest football, but it is a far cry from the football we have seen in the past (Priestfield in particular). Our money will be going towards building Falmer and there will be nothing greater than playing in the new stadium that we have craved for a lifetime.

If I wanted to watch a winning team, I would have given up a long time ago and found something else to do with my weekends.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
chez said:
It wouldnt matter to me if we were in the premiership or the ryman premier, I would be there if I could afford to be.
Chez,
Do you think that even if we stay up the club will have to look at ticket prices next year

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Auditor said:
:thumbsup:

certainly beats being dragged round the shops

I'd spend more if I went shopping.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
kestrel said:
Chez,
Do you think that even if we stay up the club will have to look at ticket prices next year

I think the club know the score, they know that the attendances are dropping because people haven't got the money. Thing is, their hands are tied - we have to at least break even, so unless the council do what was suggested a couple of weeks ago and drop the rent or compleatly do away with it I cant forsee a change in ticket prices.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
chez said:
I think the club know the score, they know that the attendances are dropping because people haven't got the money. Thing is, their hands are tied - we have to at least break even, so unless the council do what was suggested a couple of weeks ago and drop the rent or compleatly do away with it I cant forsee a change in ticket prices.

lets hope at the very least the club freeze the prices

chez

Jul 5, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
In a perverse sort of way, I want us to go down. The away days in the bottom division are much better. In my opinion, League 1 is the most BORING division to be in.

I know what you mean but I never want us to be in that division again. Lets face it, its the only division where if you get relegated from it your club has got some serious financial problems.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
The Complete Badger said:
I guess so. Plus the embarrassment of being in the bottom division alongside a load of near-amateur teams is not worth it. I just mean from the point of view of enjoying a Saturday afternoon, this division is crap and I actually quite enjoyed that one.

Yeah i think the further down the leagues you go the more personal it gets as well. The players seem more like mates than just players for your team. Thats how its always seemed to me.

C.Gull

Jan 29, 2007
I stopped attending matches this year as I had no intention of watching Div 1. matches,so there is not the slightest chance I would cross the road to see the basement league.
Supporters who attend whatever the results and standard of play encourage the board to take little action in improving matters, which will lead in time to the Conference.
I am already aware of a number of fans who will not renew their Season tickets and the decline in attendances over the last month tells its own story.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
C.Gull said:
I stopped attending matches this year as I had no intention of watching Div 1. matches,so there is not the slightest chance I would cross the road to see the basement league.
Supporters who attend whatever the results and standard of play encourage the board to take little action in improving matters, which will lead in time to the Conference.
I am already aware of a number of fans who will not renew their Season tickets and the decline in attendances over the last month tells its own story.

If everyone did that, then I suspect the team would not be in the conference, but after a winding up order, we would be playing as a reformed outfit named AFC Brighton & Hove Seagulls playing against the likes of Horsham and Withdean!!

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
C.Gull said:

You must be winding us up because I really can not be bothered to explain what will happen to the club if everyone felt like you.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Barrel of Fun said:
playing against the likes of Horsham and Withdean!!

more like a ground share at Worthing, we can hardly afford Withers at the moment let alone with 4000 less at the gate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here