Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will YOU go to any pre season fixtures at the Amex?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Factor in the opportunity for a look at the new faces we bring in over the summer and I reckon everyone who is currently dithering will be there for the Spurs game. :thumbsup:

Yeah Spurs should have signed Scott Parker by then! :lol:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Having heard Martin Perry and Ken Brown on the podcast, I'll be going to the friendly. They stressed that day would be regarded as the official opening of the stadium - which suggests it may be when they'll have more of a build-up, like the old players coming back etc. Seems to me that would be a good idea - get most of the celebrations out of the way that day and then the first league match is down to business.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I keep changing my mind! Initially I thought I'd save it all for the first 'proper' match, but as there's a real chance I won't be able to get a ticket I'm now at the stage where I think I'll go to the SCC. Ask me again tomorrow and I'll probably have changed my mind again.

D

Deleted User X18H

SSC Final as above oh I have been invited to some sort of luncheon, don't know if this preceeds a match!

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Nope, gonna cost me enough getting down there every other week from Leicester for competitive fixtures and I'd rather my first experience of the new stadium was a (first team) match that meant something. If I lived in Sussex I'd be very tempted though.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
I love to go to the first league match but there is a strong possibility I wont get a ticket which I don't wont to think about it as I will be gutted so I might go depending when it is.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I will be abstaining in order to heighten the anticipation and deepen the pleasure of my vinegar strokes first day of the season.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Not going to either of the ramp up games, want that first game impact and not have it diminished in any way by the somewhat pedestrian, holiday atmosphere and pedestrian football usually served up at these events.

A little annoyed if the main friendly is gonna be the game that they bring the old players back and put on the razamatazz, that should be from 2ish on the first proper league game in my humble opinion, especially as loads of us have booked holidays to finish in time for august 6th and wont be there. Also think that although the main freindly will definitely have a good atmosphere, it wont be the tear jerker that 6th august promises to be for me anyway, irrespective of what Martin Perry says.

they are either ramp up events or theyre not!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Not going to either of the ramp up games, want that first game impact and not have it diminished in any way by the somewhat pedestrian, holiday atmosphere and pedestrian football usually served up at these events.

A little annoyed if the main friendly is gonna be the game that they bring the old players back and put on the razamatazz, that should be from 2ish on the first proper league game in my humble opinion, especially as loads of us have booked holidays to finish in time for august 6th and wont be there. Also think that although the main freindly will definitely have a good atmosphere, it wont be the tear jerker that 6th august promises to be for me anyway, irrespective of what Martin Perry says.

they are either ramp up events or theyre not!

marvelous stuff

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As mentioned above, the prestige friendly IS the official opening of the stadium, so wouldn't miss it for the world. Plus, as if 17500 won't make any noise?

I'm having to miss the first league game due to a wedding (if it's on the 6th). So the above is me justifying it's importance to myself.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
May go to one of the limited capacity friendlys because priority will be for existing ST holders so will be my last chance to enjoy an Albion game without a load of JCL's CHUNTERING on about their premier league side they watch on tv :tosser:

Are you one of our 'old friends' with a new user name?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here