Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you buy a season ticket at Falmer?

Will you buy a season ticket for Falmer?

• Yes.........100% after all the waiting

Votes: 73 65.8%
  • Maybe depending on circumstances

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • No i will still choose my games

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • We will never get Falmer!

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters

Seagull Stew

I should be living in New Zealand by then so maybe not.

I'll still be applying for the gloryhunting big cup games though because I'm a superfan! :p

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Of course, with my name on my seat and everything. :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yes I will get one and hopefully the Mrs.

The kids will sadly be middle-aged by the time it is built so can sort their own out :lolol: :lolol:

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I may insist the old wooden seat i SAVED from the Goldstone be installed in my chosen position!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure.

The only reason I have had one for the past few years is a) to ensure I had a seat during the full-up seasons, and b) because you couldn't buy one at the gate.

If I can buy on the day at Falmer and we're not filling the stadium every game, then I will probably buy at the gate.

That after all is what Saturday afternoon football is all about. Now, if there were also terraces at Falmer ...... dream on ...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
goldstone said:
Not sure.

The only reason I have had one for the past few years is a) to ensure I had a seat during the full-up seasons, and b) because you couldn't buy one at the gate.

If I can buy on the day at Falmer and we're not filling the stadium every game, then I will probably buy at the gate.

That after all is what Saturday afternoon football is all about. Now, if there were also terraces at Falmer ...... dream on ...

You WON'T be able to buy on the gate at Falmer. It is one of the conditions.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Keeping my options open, until I find out where the best bit of the ground is and whether buying tickets on a match by match basis is a better way of organising the Bracknell posse, bearing in mind that we won't know from one week to another how many will be coming to a game.

This is how we did things at the Goldstone and at Priestfield and it worked very well. I only became a season ticket holder at Withdean because of capacity limitations in the early days and I've kept this up mainly because it's too much hassle to buy on a match by match basis. Falmer will be different.

Actually, now I've read Lord B's post, I guess it reflects my position very well.

One of the hassles about being a season ticket holder at Withdean is that one or both of my sons often accompany me, but not often enough to justify them having STs. So whenever they want to come along I have to send my ST back to the ticket office and get two or three seats together in a different location. All in all a bit of a pain. So even more liklihood of NO to a season ticket at Falmer.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Bry Nylon said:
You WON'T be able to buy on the gate at Falmer. It is one of the conditions.

WHAT!

Are you sure? Is there any other club in the land where this is the case? Except the premiership clubs maybe. In which case it is absolute madness. And what the hell is the reason?

If true then I'm immediately dropping my support for Falmer and starting a campaign for a stadium at any location where you can pay on the gate.

And another thing, if there's no pay on the gate we've got no chance of ever filling the bloody stadium unless we're in the Premiership.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
goldstone said:
WHAT!

Are you sure? Is there any other club in the land where this is the case? Except the premiership clubs maybe. In which case it is absolute madness. And what the hell is the reason?

If true then I'm immediately dropping my support for Falmer and starting a campaign for a stadium at any location where you can pay on the gate.

And another thing, if there's no pay on the gate we've got no chance of ever filling the bloody stadium unless we're in the Premiership.

You'll probably be able to pay at Petrol stations or shops in the area. It's to do with the travel arrangements.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Hopefully yes. But likely not, because of same reason I don't have one now, stumping up a lump sum like that is a bit tricky...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I definately will be, would have finished University by June 2008, so will have a job, and more importantly MONEY.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll get a discount after next season for being an old fogey so probably yes.

Goldstone it doesn't matter what the location of the new ground, the planning permission states that there is no pay on the gate. Tickets will be available at shops, and stations etc on the day though.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
This is a joke poll, right?
Blimey, after all that's gone on, when it's finally built I'm sure even I'll be half-tempted to go for one too...! (actually, since Spurs Saturday games are infuriatingly few and far between these days - hmm...)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Assuming the bloody thing ever gets built I will get one for the first season, if only to guarantee myself seat at the first league game. If the West Ham bun-fight is anything to go by, (and the fact we took 30'000 to cardiff) I would expect the first game at falmer to be massively over-suscribed, as interest in the Albion will be re-kindled in the town.

And I would pay ANY money to be in our new home at 2:55pm on the day when the team walk out to GOSBTS and the next chapter in the history of our great Club finally begins :clap2: :clap2:

:albion:

NOT being there just isn't an option.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here