Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be supporting England in the world cup?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Dougal said:
chips on shoulders.

Indeed,

Just cos we have a half decent team and they dont. If Scotland/Wales/Ireland were in the world cup id hope they did well, same as I root for all English teams in Champs League

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
DAMANCLAY said:
Indeed,

Just cos we have a half decent team and they dont. If Scotland/Wales/Ireland were in the world cup id hope they did well, same as I root for all English teams in Champs League

But not Scots ones? I think you may have inadvertently identified the cause of the chippy attitude!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
DAMANCLAY said:
Indeed,

I think maybe you're missing the wider issues there mate.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Seagull's Return said:
But not Scots ones? I think you may have inadvertently identified the cause of the chippy attitude!

Sorry should have said the UK teams. I did hope the Scottish teams did well this season and was happy that Rangers were the first Scottish team in the second round.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I tend to (when I can be arsed) wish all UK teams well in all competitions. I've listened to the anti-English bleatings of many of my Welsh or Scottish mates for too long to give a crap anymore. It's good natured 99% of the time, so I just take it a backhanded compliment. I was in their shoes I'd probably feel the same anyway. :jester:

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
no, wont support england (hardly surprising, innit?)
250px-Flag_of_Germany_%28state%29.svg.png

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Well we certainly won't be supporting England.

I don't get all this if Wales/Scotland/Ireland were in the tournament I'd want them to do well. Why? Why them and not Germany, Poland, Togo?

And the whole I want every British team in the Champions League to do well is funny. What about every English team in the FA cup doing well or is it different then because it's a competition your own club are part of?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Silent Bob said:
Does that mean we have chips on our shoulders for not supporting Palace? ???

dunno about that , they are our rivals for many footballing reasons . They are not supporting us for many reasons unrelated to football.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Starry said:

What about every English team in the FA cup doing well or is it different then because it's a competition your own club are part of?

Our own club is part of It suppose and its hardly an international or european competition. I think thats very different to Champs League/World cup. Id rather see Rangers win it then Ac Millian or Barac everytime.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Starry said:
Well we certainly won't be supporting England.

I don't get all this if Wales/Scotland/Ireland were in the tournament I'd want them to do well. Why? Why them and not Germany, Poland, Togo?

And the whole I want every British team in the Champions League to do well is funny. What about every English team in the FA cup doing well or is it different then because it's a competition your own club are part of?

Other than England I want the home nations and the lot across the Irish sea (aka England B) to fail miserably.

World Cups without Scotland are always a let down, who else can Iran, Peru etc look good?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I shall be supporting both England and Germany although I obviously know a load more about the England side. More than anything else, I just hope there's not too much trouble.

I'm of course hugely biased but I don't think there's a better country to host the world cup than Germany: the best beer country in the world IMHO, the really friendly and football-obsessed people, the incredible stadia, plus 1001 other sights to visit while you're there. Should be great, bring it on!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
DAMANCLAY said:
Our own club is part of It suppose and its hardly an international or european competition. I think thats very different to Champs League/World cup. Id rather see Rangers win it then Ac Millian or Barac everytime.

Rangers yes

Celtic def No !

Majority of Rangers fans are actually supporting England BTW according to Talk Sport

sunshine

May 31, 2006
Essex
I'll be supporting England... go on boys! still think there should be a west ham player in the team tho

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here