Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be supporting Andy Murray at Wimbledon?

Will you be rooting for Andy Murray at Wimbledon

• Total voters

Being open minded and not 'little British' to keep talking down our athletes (while applauding and lauding anyone that beats them), I shall 'support' Murray no less than a MacEnroe, Roddick or the likes.
If he's a whinging brat and poor sportsman, whilst beating the crap out of Roddick frinstance, I will think well of him and hope he gets in a fist-fight with the arrogant yank.

If he touches Sharapova though, he's toast.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I only watch Wimbledon for Sharapova, Hantuchova etc etc. Looking forward to seeing what delicious treats Round 1 has for us...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's guaranteed that Andy Murray will generate more posts on here than half-Man half-Hen and his puny fist ever did. It's all good :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some sportsmen are able to transcend national differences and rise above tribalism. I am afraid that Mr. Murray has nailed his colours to the mast and says he is a proud Scot, good luck to him then, he has forever lost my support and interest.
Support him.. ? Pah !

Misty

NO, because I haven't forgiven him for not supporting Henman a few years back because he was English!!! Usually I'm fair with people but that little mans opinion stuck in my craw and I can't forgive or forget. Hope he gets knocked out early!!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's guaranteed that Andy Murray will generate more posts on here than half-Man half-Hen and his puny fist ever did. It's all good :thumbsup:

He'll have to win a few games to do that though. Henman got loads of posts on here during Wimbledon as he got thru to the q/f at least virtually every year. Is the Jock that good yet, and will his nerve hold in the auld enemies backyard?

Will be really interested to see how much support he gets, it could be a bit McEnroeesque, which will be great. half the crowd love him half hate him :bigwave:

I'm hoping for a few histrionics, racket throwing, abuse and sulking, can he deliver?

Why would you not support the only British chance of winning Wimbledon?

Because I'll be in Cyprus as I always am when Wimbledon is on-thankfully missing all of the bolleaux that is Wimbledon. Lots of warm, sunny days, plenty of cold beer while watching the Euros and no hooray Henriettas in sight.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Not a chance. Hope he's stuffed in the first round. Remember him wearing a paraguay shirt during last world cup.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
No.

1st Rafa Nadal
2nd Novak Djokovic for me

Hope Rafa wins to become the world number 1

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
So you don't support Ronnie O'Sullivan then in snooker as he is pretty moody. I never understand the British sporting public. I bet you were one of the people accusing Henman of being too boring. I see Andy Murray moody behaviour as passion for winning and he is only 20 so still growing up.

If he had those traits and was English, I bet you would support him.

Why should I support Murray? I don't like him and don't care if he's British.

I also don't 'support' O'Sullivan. You don't have to support a sports person just because they are English/British.

I'm English but struggle to find any affinity towards the national football side as I dislike most of the team, especially Ashley Cole and John Terry.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
He stuffed any support the other year with his comments and anti english views.
You reap what you sow as far as I concerned and I hate tennis.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Everyone who said no on this is going to have a very boring Wimbledon. Why would you not support the only British chance of winning Wimbledon?[/QUOTE ]because the scottish twat said he supported anyone who is playing england in the last world cup , over the past 20 yrs or so i have become increasingly pissed off with this anti english chip on their shoulder scots attitude , the sooner they go it alone (hohoho) the better, and they should check out international boundary law before they start whinging about north sea oil !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here