Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be sending your neighbours a Christmas card?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Are you one of those people who sends one just to keep in with them, or are you of the opinion that you have nothing to do with them all year, so why bother?
Despite going round and introducing ourselves when we moved in we have nothing to do with our neighbours (apart from the occasional "hello"). Feel slightly hypocritical but will probably relent in the end.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I never send one, I just put it through their letter box as they are next door.

Also much cheaper than a stamp.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I live in a flat and know who lives upstairs and below, but as for next door who f*cking knows.

This is often proved by people knocking on my door claiming to be my neighbours and asking for money for their electricity meter/heroin habit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We had lived in out old house for about four years [next to the same neighbours for that whole period] when we got a card from them, 'Happy Christmas to both of you, Best Wishes Mary and Neil'. My wife was mortified that after all that time they didn't even know our names.

It didn't bother me - in fact I wanted to give one back 'Mary and Neil, happy Christmas from the both of us', but she was having none of it.

In the new house [well not new anymore] we know the neighbours much better, so yes they will get a card. [From my wife - I've not written one for years].

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Of course. They feed our cats when we're on holiday. We get on well with both sides of our house.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I never send Christmas cards to anyone, an absolute waste of money.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yup

Neighbours, family and old school friends ( sadly its the only way we keep up with people these days)

At choir we do one card everyone signs, we all put in a fiver and send the money to chariteee....I suggested we all went down the pub with it, but that didnt go down too well with our more religious members, ( of yes and teh Vicar donw at St Mary's in shoreham has banned alocohol in the mulled wine........

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Get on with neighbours on both sides, I'm pleased to say.

We swap Christmas cards.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
a plug for a friend of mine, she does some lovely home made christmas cards to sell, if anyone wants any, shes got a facebook group
"Coxy's lovely handmade xmas cards"

n6466667156_73.jpg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
We do, we live in a cul de sac and it's difficult to avoid our neighbours (even if we wanted to). I have an ex GB Olympic runner on one side, and a hyacynth bucket type on the other side, nice folks they are too

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
nope
it would seem a bit hypocrytical, as the last time i spoke to the bloke upstairs i threatened to cave his head in if he didnt turn his music down at 2 in the morning :rant:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I live next to a right moany old couple of gits who are always sticking their noses into our business and keep giving the kids sweets before mealtimes.

Then again, they are my parents so I suppose I'll have to

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think so. I think they might be *mouths words" Lesbians.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here