Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will you be rushing out to buy the new Coldplay album on Monday ?.

Will you be rushing out Monday to buy Mylo Xyloto ?.

• Yes - they are superb

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Maybe - if not Monday, one day

Votes: 14 18.4%
  • No - they are turd

Votes: 54 71.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Uncle Spielberg the way you put a full stop after a question mark REALLY gets on my nerves. I'm just putting it out there.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
The tune of that song sounds really similiar to another one of Coldplay's. Not sure which one..........

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1st two albums were pretty good.

Last two were poor (actually, dire given they can do good stuff as per 1st two albums) and they just sold out doing Coldplay-by-numbers.

Whilst some of their stuff is good, much of the later stuff is for housewives and for people not heavily into music and just want something easy going and familiar.

Maybe this latest album will be going back to doing something a little more original. If it's just another colplay-by-numbers album then it will probably be their last.

Can't fault this.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Rush of Blood was the last decent thing they released. They're too much up their own arse to be interesting anymore. Music has moved on, so should they. Trouble is if they did, EMI would crucify them. They're not a band, they're a name.

Personally I'm annoyed that they think that just because they're Coldplay means they deserve respect - far too much llike U2 in that respect. So as far I'm concerned they can do one. Viva La Vida was a crock of shit, and I don't see how this will be any different.

Plenty more new and exciting music out there.

No, I'll wait for it on Spotify and form an opinion then. Like some of their stuff, don't like some of their stuff ("...Roman Cavalry choirs are singing" ... I don't think so).

I think people are programmed to hate them as they are perceived as "posh" - remember, Joe Strummer went to a private school!

There are only two types of music (and I don't mean "Country" and "Western"), good and bad.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I loved 'X and Y' but found 'Rush of Blood' and the one that went before it a trifle tediocre. Strange days indeed.

MACCAPACCA

Feb 18, 2009
Worthing

Last two were poor (actually, dire given they can do good stuff as per 1st two albums) and they just sold out doing Coldplay-by-numbers.

Whilst some of their stuff is good, much of the later stuff is for housewives and for people not heavily into music and just want something easy going and familiar.

Maybe this latest album will be going back to doing something a little more original. If it's just another colplay-by-numbers album then it will probably be their last.

Absolutely spot on

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
the only thing more annoying than Coldplay are people who say 'of course, its fashionable to hate Coldplay' (or indeed any other band) as if people are unable to form their own opinions.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
i just heard there version of Here come the sun, by the Beatles and it was woeful

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

Absolutely spot on

Absolutely agree with this but their latest single is mustard so I'll be getting their album on the back of this song.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I'll be getting Glenn Cambell's new one instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here