Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will you be displaying the flag of St George at work during the world cup

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No, but the 'we can't fly the flag of St George' stories are based on fiction invented to put right-wingers on the offensive, just like the bogus 'we can't teach baa-baa black sheep' stories.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
no, I am suggesting you have no idea how many British police and British Soldiers have been murdered by gangsters flying the red hand,
I also am suggesting you are bullshitting or a boss pleasing Kiss arse.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
no, I am suggesting you have no idea how many British police and British Soldiers have been murdered by gangsters flying the red hand,
I also am suggesting you are bullshitting or a boss pleasing Kiss arse.

now ....you are talking shite !

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Not at work, but when hitting the pubs and clubs when an England game is on, I'll be wearing it as a CAPE. Or possibly even like a towel.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
An England flag was put up in our office for the World Cup in 2006 and it has never been taken down, so yes, we will have for the tournament. Also, both the mugs I drink out of at work are England ones!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Oct 25, 2003
you should never feel ashamed for being patriotic

i think it's time that non-racists should claim back the flag and fly it with pride, rather than thinking "ooh, but what if i look racist", f*** that, pin up st. george and display it

ROARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
If I was a cynical person i'd suggest you had made up this story about not being able to fly your st georges cross in an attempt to cause a stir, the introducion of a pole is a sure fire way of snaring more people.

Ofcourse, i'm not a cynic and therfore I am sickened you have been deprived of your right to fly your national flag by a pole of all people!

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
We have been banned from attaching the flag to our fork lift trucks because one of the Polish workers complained that it is racist !

:wrong:

Is this actually true? I mean 'beyond reasonable doubt' true? I suspect that it isn't. These things are normally raised by someone who think other people might object. If indeed they are raised at all.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Is this actually true? I mean 'beyond reasonable doubt' true? I suspect that it isn't. These things are normally raised by someone who think other people might object. If indeed they are raised at all.

I was going to ask the same thing.

What company do you work for Sod1?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Check that it isn't a Health and Safety issue, and if not, put it up when the World Cup starts. It is not racist and no employer would try to claim it is.

Or is this 'political correctness gone mad :fishing:'

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

It is merely a set-up in order to bang on about Political Correctness Gone Mad.
Pure invention.

However, the people who are making up stories such as St George's flag and some nursery rhymes being banned for being racist sometimes inadvertently help to make it happen in real life.

In the 1980s, when some of the right-wing press made up stories about some by-law or council directive banning use of the word 'black' etc, some people changed their practices in order to comply with these rules that they thought were real.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here