Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you be booing Potter and Chelsea on Saturday?

Will you be booing Potter and/or Chelsea

• Total voters

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Our current situation with knobhead using us like a one stop shop makes me feel like saying "Is it all worth the bloody effort " , to build something with so much hard slog and passion to have someone who neither has the skill or patience to do it for themselves to come along and just take it .

Sisyphus , thy name is Sisyphus .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Here's a question for the haters – if GPott and co (including those who have seemingly triggered a section of the fanbase) facked off to St George's Park instead of Cobham, would you still support him/England?
Not a hater as I'd like GPott to do well, eventually. (Just suffer some 'pain' in the short term).

Thanks to waistcoat I don't support England anyway.
The Harry's do not represent me in any way shape or form.

I'm #TeamEquador, then #TeamArgentina and finally #TeamJapan this world cup.

Potter taking that downwards step wouldn't bother me in the slightest, until the second half of the final.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Our current situation with knobhead using us like a one stop shop makes me feel like saying "Is it all worth the bloody effort " , to build something with so much hard slog and passion to have someone who neither has the skill or patience to do it for themselves to come along and just take it .

Sisyphus , thy name is Sisyphus .
‘take it away’ ? Ben Roberts & Bruno ? And maybe Winstanley ?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree with an awful lot of this. The bolded part is why people are right to be angry with Potter though. Quite clearly he knew he was first on the list when (and it was "when") Tommy Tickle got his cards. If anything the six game into the season delay gave him more time to line things up. Would it mean a move to London or a commute? Who would come with me in an ideal world? I used to see Bruno picking up Billy Reid on Hove seafront on their way to training every now and again. I'm pretty sure not every journey after Boehly took over Chelsea was spent purely discussing whether Lallana should play as a 10, a 6 or not at all next week.

This happens in business of course. In a lot of industries you get good teams of people who follow each other from company to company because they trust each other. But, as a football fan I was bloody fuming. But, now, it really is time to say "Graham who?" and get behind RDZ. He's potentially far better anyway.
Well, I disagree with the bolded part. There was neither a right nor a wrong in this. You -- and the majority of BHA fans, it seems -- are angry with Potter; I'm not. Not sure either is right or wrong -- although the booing of Bruno was. Potter leaving is just further evidence of what the beast we're in is or, to coin a phrase, it is what it is. I'm surprised that so many have had to be taken through this episode to twig this.
For me, Potter has been immense for us and, along with the beast point above, that's why I'm not that bothered. Sure, it wasn't all his work, and Bloom contributed much, much more, but Bloom has just got on with things and, as the italicised point above indicates, may well have got us someone better. Enjoy the ride.
Mostly the same, but be damn sure I was directly booing Cucurella to put him off. Worked a treat too.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Maybe, but looking at the bigger picture, I find it all a bit bizarre. Are we saying that – as good as Roberts and Bruno were/are at their jobs (and as much of a legend that Bruno was/is) – the additional 'hurt' of two additional employees leaving a business made *that* much difference that a whole load of fans turned against Potter specifically?

More like Potter is the target for the abuse, even if the decisions weren't actually his. Which is, IMO, mental. But there we are.
I think Bruno and Ben were that good at their jobs that they fitted the group/club like a glove , they knew the club inside out and knew how to make the young lads and new arrivals fit in seamlessly , that alone is priceless if your young and /or from another country . That kind of expertise isn`t manufactured it comes from putting the time in and making that little extra bit of effort .

The disdain GP showed us was shown back to him by the supporters on Saturday , and yes it really is down to him , to consider what he did to Tony the Club and Us anything less than an up yours is kidding yourself .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here's a question for the haters – if GPott and co (including those who have seemingly triggered a section of the fanbase) facked off to St George's Park instead of Cobham, would you still support him/England?
You think the FA could have arranged the facking off in 24 hours? The timing and the speed it happened STINKS to me. Unless of course TB was onboard and had already set up De Zerbi, which is not beyond the realms of possibilty

Anyway I see you posted earlier that we should all move on, you aren’t so why should we? :lolol:

Reactions: cjd

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Did the timeline just pass you by or something? The "want to speak to" to "Potter will be the next boss of" was one of the quickest I've seen and the departure was with all his staff. Money put aside for the compo.

Were I to be offered a new job by someone in a different location to where I work currently it would take me more than 48 hours to square it with the Mrs even if lots more money was involved, let alone work out who from my current company I could legally ask to come with me.

And that's without the John Terry tweet mentioned in the post I quoted.

I'm not directly accusing Chelsea of tapping up by the way but I am saying that Boehly always wanted rid of TT, that GP was his number one target and that, should they have wanted to, Chelsea could have found a way to tell Potter's agent that without breaking a single letter of the law.

It was quick but hardly unknown in football. Managers and players shift clubs and countries and jobs sometimes with hours notice. It’s really not comparable to other industries . Albion didn’t stand in his way and Boehly clearly was relaxed about the £22m compensation, and the back room team Potter wanted. Issues that hold up other deals weren't there. And yes. Of course Potter must have given thought about what type of "next job" he would consider next. But he's hardly unfamiliar with Chelsea or their players. He works in the Premier League.

Anyway no reporting has suggested the deal - was being negotiated behind anyone’s back although football, like most industries , must be a small place and i'm sure Potter has had chats with his backroom team about what to do if he had offers. (he turned down Spurs last year where presumably that would have been discussed with Bjorn , Bruno, Billy and Ben as well) and there is reporting that he spoke to Boehly to answer questions to complete the Cucurella deal.

There’s plenty of justified grievance over what has happened . But this desire to add duplicity to it as well has no foundation...

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It was quick but hardly unknown in football. Managers and players shift clubs and countries and jobs sometimes with hours notice. It’s really not comparable to other industries . Albion didn’t stand in his way and Boehly clearly was relaxed about the £22m compensation, and the back room team Potter wanted. Issues that hold up other deals weren't there. And yes. Of course Potter must have given thought about what type of "next job" he would consider next. But he's hardly unfamiliar with Chelsea or their players. He works in the Premier League.

Anyway no reporting has suggested the deal - was being negotiated behind anyone’s back although football, like most industries , must be a small place and i'm sure Potter has had chats with his backroom team about what to do if he had offers. (he turned down Spurs last year where presumably that would have been discussed with Bjorn , Bruno, Billy and Ben as well) That said. There’s plenty of justified grievance over what has happened . But this desire to add duplicity to it as well has no foundation...
Earning your pay today :clap2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
You think the FA could have arranged the facking off in 24 hours? The timing and the speed it happened STINKS to me. Unless of course TB was onboard and had already set up De Zerbi, which is not beyond the realms of possibilty

Anyway I see you posted earlier that we should all move on, you aren’t so why should we? :lolol:

Great. What's the answer?

I've moved on, it just fascinates me how some people clearly haven't. Some have given reasons, which is fine, but when others just get angry about people moving jobs, I just don't get it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great. What's the answer?

I've moved on, it just fascinates me how some people clearly haven't. Some have given reasons, which is fine, but when others just get angry about people moving jobs, I just don't get it.
The answer is we all react as we see fit. It is what it is :wink:

There is no right or wrong.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyway no reporting has suggested the deal - was being negotiated behind anyone’s back although football, like most industries , must be a small place and i'm sure Potter has had chats with his backroom team about what to do if he had offers. (he turned down Spurs last year where presumably that would have been discussed with Bjorn , Bruno, Billy and Ben as well) and there is reporting that he spoke to Boehly to answer questions to complete the Cucurella deal.

There’s plenty of justified grievance over what has happened . But this desire to add duplicity to it as well has no foundation...
Lack of reporting doesn't suggest a thing. The Albion are incredibly good at keeping lids on transfers they don't want people to know about. And, as for Chelsea, they weren't in the picture when we were "negotiating" with City for Cucurella. They swooped in at the last minute, yet he must have been very much on their radar.

On the other hand, one of the delights of the digital age is that many reported transfer rumours and managerial appointments turn out to be complete bollocks.

Just because Andy Naylor didn't break it as an exclusive in The Athletic doesn't mean it didn't happen.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Earning your pay today :clap2:
Thankfully NSC is full of all sorts of Albion views. There’s even people that like Andy Naylor , don’t think Potter is the devil
Incarnate , enjoy Barbers programme notes and think that the media know their onions when reporting on the club - or is that just me. Ha!

Disagreeing with the very fine chap @Guinness Boy for example is all part of the rough and tumble. We’ll have a laugh about it next time we bump into each other in a concourse.
That said I’d never suggest - cos I don’t agree with a this or a that - that someone is being duplicitous , even in jest, or not honest about what they waste their time on here saying or even that they didn’t actually believe the nonsense they spout cos Barber was writing them a weekly cheque.

I spend money - a lot - on following the Albion - more fool me. I just coughed up for a coach to Arsenal - ouch.

So I’d rather you gave this sort of stuff a rest. (Thanks for laying off me after we had exactly the same convo on here about 6 months ago) .

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Would be nice to hear some anti Jamie 40k o’Hara in unison with the home crowd on Saturday, enough to be picked up by Gabby for their 17:30 TalkSport show

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
If the FA wanted Potter and the coaching staff, they would have had professional discussions with TB and Potter first over a number of days if not weeks and it would have been a planned transition and no, I would not begrudge him that. It would not have effectively been signed and sealed within 24 hours of Tommy Tickle being shown the door. As I recently heard from some one who shares an office with football agent in Brighton, Potter would have been "made aware" well in advance of the Chelsea opportunity arising. Allegedly.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Given the club, led by both Bloom and Barber, believe in doing everything the right way and above board, if they had any suggestion that Chelsea had acted outside of legitimate protocols, it would certainly be widely known.

Additionally, the clubs seem to continue to enjoy an ongoing cordial business relationship. If foul play were suspected, I doubt the Albion would be acting so convivially towards Boehly et al.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Would be nice to hear some anti Jamie 40k o’Hara in unison with the home crowd on Saturday, enough to be picked up by Gabby for their 17:30 TalkSport show
It's astonishing that O'Hara has a job there. It must just be because he's infamous and they hope he'll be a rent a gob. He was a terrible, terrible footballer. It's like giving Nile Ranger a seat on Soccer Saturday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thankfully NSC is full of all sorts of Albion views. There’s even people that like Andy Naylor , don’t think Potter is the devil
Incarnate , enjoy Barbers programme notes and think that the media know their onions when reporting on the club - or is that just me. Ha!

Disagreeing with the very fine chap @Guinness Boy for example is all part of the rough and tumble. We’ll have a laugh about it next time we bump into each other in a concourse.
That said I’d never suggest - cos I don’t agree with a this or a that - that someone is being duplicitous , even in jest, or not honest about what they waste their time on here saying or even that they didn’t actually believe the nonsense they spout cos Barber was writing them a weekly cheque.

I spend money - a lot - on following the Albion - more fool me. I just coughed up for a coach to Arsenal - ouch.

So I’d rather you gave this sort of stuff a rest. (Thanks for laying off me after we had exactly the same convo on here about 6 months ago) .
Apologies, can't resist the very occasional dig. It is NSC after all :kiss:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here