Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Wycombe sell out?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gales force winds and torrential rain forecast for Wednesday evening.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I am certain there will be in excess of 5k there on Wednesday at £22,00 - £110k
at £15 we need to sell 7333 tickets highly unlikely.
Do you know if a man runs 100m in ten seconds if he runs twice as fast he can do it in five seconds! If you don't know what I'm on about you won't know why that simple little sum you just posted is a classic example of crass business analysis.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
it would be nice for the club to have sold this as welcome to Gus night 10 for adults and 5 for kids, if we get 6,500 it would gain the same income as the 3,000 that will go !

D

Deleted User X18H

£22 for weeks shopping!!!!! Have I woken up in 1984.

Hope so I'll be lumping on Burough Hill Lad for the King George

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gales force winds and torrential rain forecast for Wednesday evening.

I'd say we may be ok. All model output is going for a windy day, with the chance of showers during the day, with the frontal zone not coming through until into Thursday.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I am sure the fact has been repeated that this is an FA cup game and Wycombe get an equal say in pricing. Why would they want to sell tickets at £10 each and risk losing out on a low attendance (they may only bring a 100 themselves). They can claim nearly 50% of the game profit so set the ticket prices high and hope we get an average gate rather than a low fee and risking an average gate, they can see we do not get much of a pay on line on the day crowd.

See sections 20 - Sale of tickets
section 22 (b) - Proceeds of game

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/776FDC2C663A48568FC3688FA667463A.ashx/01%20FAC%20rules%202009-2010%20_blue_.pdf

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am sure the fact has been repeated that this is an FA cup game and Wycombe get an equal say in pricing. Why would they want to sell tickets at £10 each and risk losing out on a low attendance (they may only bring a 100 themselves). They can claim nearly 50% of the game profit so set the ticket prices high and hope we get an average gate rather than a low fee and risking an average gate, they can see we do not get much of a pay on line on the day crowd.

See sections 20 - Sale of tickets
section 22 (b) - Proceeds of game

http://www.thefa.com/~/media/776FDC2C663A48568FC3688FA667463A.ashx/01%20FAC%20rules%202009-2010%20_blue_.pdf

Look, you've been warned before about this. Please stop polluting an otherwise fine binfest with facts. Any more of this and you'll be in serious trouble sonny. :wrong:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Look, you've been warned before about this. Please stop polluting an otherwise fine binfest with facts. Any more of this and you'll be in serious trouble sonny. :wrong:
It's ok, it doesn't qualify as a fact because it's a complete red herring.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
has i occured to anyone that cup games you have to split any gate revenue 50/50 with the opposition? Therefore it might well be that Wycombe did not agreee to a price reduction, IF that has happened then its hardly the clubs fault is it?! Theres always something to moan about isn't there!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Well to add to this lovely binfest it does not make it any better that we will be shelling out £44 for two tickets.

However it may make me feel more smug if we go on to win this game and the Rushden and Diamonds one, draw Arsenal away and make them charge £35-£65 a ticket and make loads of cash, ha ha ha ha (evil laugh).

So in answer to the question I will be amazed if it is more than half full. But I blame it all on Wycombe as we never try to make a buck out of our loyal fans :jester:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
How come?
When we played some rubbishy no-mark team a few seasons ago (I think they were non-league) there was a big fuss made because the club didn't drop the prices. They said they wanted to but the other team refused as they thought that keeping the prices high was the best way to maximise their revenue.

Insider has already stated that the prices for the replay were agreed before the first match, and at no time have the club stated that they wanted a lower price but Wycoombe refused (which is what happened last time). Ergo the fact that the prices have to be agreed between the two clubs is irrelevant in this case as both clubs were in agreement as to what should be charged.

Now either the club are not revealing that they pushed for a lower price and Wycombe refused, or they just went along in the hope that our blind loyalty would win out over financial probity. Either way our club have once again been shown up to be leaden-footed dunderheads when it comes to sales and marketing (the belated gesture with the T-shirts notwithstanding as it kinda proves the point that they were wrong-footed).

If you don't agree please don't bother replying as frankly I'm not interested. If you're happy to pay the price that's fine. No really it is. I hope you see a good game and feel it was money well spent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here