Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we sign a PL ready striker by the close of the window?

Will we sign a PL ready striker today?

• Total voters

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No. I don’t think we do business on the last day, do we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I can almost hear the Champions League hymn playing

lol [emoji23] but better than nothing

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
No. I don’t think we do business on the last day, do we?

We certainly do and have

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
No. Potter is not perfect

But Swansman says he’s perfect, and who are we to argue otherwise ? Lol.

No one is perfect, it’s important to remember that - to be absolutely fair here, I’m pretty sure Potter wouldn’t propound the theory he’s perfect either... what’s more likely is he’s perfectly happy to work within the parameters set by the club... if you or I wouldn’t be, well that’s pretty irrelevant I guess.

All of that said, I do think we could do with another decent PL striker... one significant injury to Welbz and I fear for our CL chances. Ahem.

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What percentage do you think, roughly, of your 4.8k posts are about needing a stiker?

It's gotta be 90%+ right? Has to be

Last summer he informed me of the inevitable doom if we didn't sign one and pointed to Burnley as an example of a team with the right number and quality of strikers.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
We certainly do and have

I think Cucurella signed on transfer deadline day, but we all knew it was coming. We don't tend to do big surprises, so I'm not expecting anything.

If we spring a surprise, great.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No. Potter is not perfect

Bloody hell, last year when we were headed south and GP was, in my humble opinion, perisisting with the wrong selection, I reluctantly voted Potter out on these polls. But, now we have had a great start to the season and GP is slowly building something, and you're having a crack at the people in charge. Might you just be wrong?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I reckon the selling clubs have been playing hardball with their valuations so we've decided to back out and tipped Naylor off to publicise that fact. I wouldn't be totally surprised if we land a forward later in the day.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I suspect no for the umpteenth window and this time I'm more worried than any other. The thought of an inevitable injury to Welbeck is terrifying looking at what that leaves us with.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
There’s always the January window but if Welbeck is injured then we will really have to overpay.

Which will serve the club right.... big time.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;10369049 said:
I have a feeling we'll sign Dan James, although not sure he counts as a PL-ready striker. He seems to be available, we've been after him before, Potter knows him.
:eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here