Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sell out of season tickets?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Martin Perry said at the planning meeting there were 2,000 people on the waiting list
Ticket office seem to have told everyone else it was more than 2,000. Who knows, we'll find out the results in a few months.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
I think we could be selling more season tickets than any other club in this division.

How many will Leeds, Sheff Wed, Blackburn sell? Not more than 16,000 I bet.

If we sell over 20,000 we will have sold the most season tickets in the league, I believe Derby are 2nd aiming to sell 19,500 the same as last year. Leeds sold 11,290 season tickets last year, Blackburn only 12,000 in premiership last season not sure about sheff wednesday yet but unlikely to be more than 15,000 i would have thought.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Sheff Wed have sold about 11,000 as of Friday according to the official Sheff Wed website. Sold 1,000 new tickets since promotion and 10,000 renewed early to get discounts.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Ticket office seem to have told everyone else it was more than 2,000. Who knows, we'll find out the results in a few months.

He said there are 2,000 applications on the waiting list. Some people will have applied for 2 or 3 or more within the same application. No point in wanting 3 next to each other and applying seperately as chances are, you will not be called up at the same time. I wanted to move 5 existing STH's and add one new STH, I only used one application.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He said there are 2,000 applications on the waiting list. Some people will have applied for 2 or 3 or more within the same application. No point in wanting 3 next to each other and applying seperately as chances are, you will not be called up at the same time. I wanted to move 5 existing STH's and add one new STH, I only used one application.
Yes I totally get that - it was me that pointed this fact out. My point is that Perry said 2,000 and the ticket office said 3 or 4,000.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes I totally get that - it was me that pointed this fact out. My point is that Perry said 2,000 and the ticket office said 3 or 4,000.

I think Perry meant 2,000 applications on the waiting list, whereas ticket office are refering to the actual number of STs - which would amount to around 4,000 if there are an average of two per application.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think Perry meant 2,000 applications on the waiting list, whereas ticket office are refering to the actual number of STs - which would amount to around 4,000 if there are an average of two per application.
No, I asked the ticket office several weeks ago (there's a previous thread where we discussed this) what the number on the waiting list meant, and they too said it was the number of fan numbers on the list, and that each was able to buy 0 - 4 tickets. They weren't guessing how many tickets would be sold (at least that's what they said). They said the same again when I got my presentation invite, and I called them.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
It worked pretty well last year keeping the actual sales figures under wraps. Those unsure if they should get a season ticket start to panic as rumours of sale rocketing spread.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just had an email from the club asking if I would like to buy an additional ST before they go on general sale. They said they have now contacted all those on the waiting list.

Sounds like there are a lot left.

How does an email asking if you would like to buy an additional ticket, 'sound' like there are a lot left? It's just an email, asking you as an existing customer, if you would like to take the option of another ticket, it could be that they only have 3 left.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
What a nice problem to have and to think our friends from up the A23 thought we owuld only average around 13,000. They must have been thinking about themselves and now the have got into bed with Groupon to drum up sales.

D

Deleted member 18477

Just had an email from the club asking if I would like to buy an additional ST before they go on general sale. They said they have now contacted all those on the waiting list.

Roughly 3,000 tickets left apparently.

How does an email asking if you would like to buy an additional ticket, 'sound' like there are a lot left? It's just an email, asking you as an existing customer, if you would like to take the option of another ticket, it could be that they only have 3 left.

I think if they did not have a 'lot' left then they will be taken up over the next few weeks.

I would suggest that emailing circa 18,000 people suggests they do have. Of course, they may have just emailed me, but I'm really not that special!

3000 is a lot.

We had 5,000 extra tickets with a reported waiting list of 3000, where each was allowed to buy 4 tickets. Only 2 weeks ago, babies were screaming on here that 4 per person was unfair as they were not at the top of the list and would miss out.

Considering the position two weeks ago, I suggest the club had a lot more available now they have gone through the waiting list than they might have hoped.

3000 is a big ask now shift now - not saying it won't be done - hope they do

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Are the presentations still going on ? Once the waiting list has been cleared there could still be more sold once they go on general sale.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
That is a lot. It would mean only 2000 sold. Given that people have been saying the upper east is mainly sold, and a fair few gone in SW, it would seem one or other of these is wrong. I hope there is not 3k left

3000 is a lot.

We had 5,000 extra tickets with a reported waiting list of 3000, where each was allowed to buy 4 tickets. Only 2 weeks ago, babies were screaming on here that 4 per person was unfair as they were not at the top of the list and would miss out.

Considering the position two weeks ago, I suggest the club had a lot more available now they have gone through the waiting list than they might have hoped.

3000 is a big ask now shift now - not saying it won't be done - hope they do

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury

If you've missed my previous post: see the Seagulls Website for the order they will be offering the remaining STs:
Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Season Tickets | Amex Season Ticket Details

Presuming that you are a ST holder, it sounds like they're on "Stage 2", then: invite existing STHs to apply for friends and family. (Does this mean they've finished working through the waiting list?)
Stage 3 will be emailing non-STHs who have bought tickets this season - I have a number of those on my F&F, so I could always ask them to let me know when (if?) they get emails, so I can see when they reach that stage.

D

Deleted member 18477

Are the presentations still going on ? Once the waiting list has been cleared there could still be more sold once they go on general sale.

Waiting list has been cleared. All ST holders have now been emailed asking if they want to purchase seats for friends and family. Then they will go on general sale. Any seats left will be pay per game seats and any seats the away fans don't sell will be pay per game seats as long as the segregation can be made safely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here