Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sell out of season tickets?

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I hope there is still a sizeable allocation available to those who cannot afford s/t's or can rarely make games due their job/commitments.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I cannot wait to get back to Sussex and get to the Amex. I keep hearing about it, seeing pictures, videos etc.
Cannot really put my name on the ST waiting list yet as it will be many months, or even a couple of years, until I am back down again.
This may be a good thing in a way, as the first time I see it, it will be finished.

I am in a similar position , cannot put my name down on the waiting list until the house in Crap Town is sold and we return to Good Old Sussex By The Sea.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I hope there is still a sizeable allocation available to those who cannot afford s/t's or can rarely make games due their job/commitments.

There should be about 1500 in the South as we have to put aside 15% for away fans for cup games (4k), whereas the normal away allocation will be 2500 for league games.

i assume the North end of WSL is still match by match?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This was snuck onto the Seagulls website, just as a banner at the bottom of the home page:
Brighton and Hove Albion | Tickets | Season Tickets | Amex Season Ticket Details
For supporters interested in acquiring a season ticket for the 2012/13 season, the club will be selling up to 5000 new season tickets, as a result of permission to put in additional seats in the East Stand and south-west corner.

So, there we go, the Club will try to sell every ticket possible as a ST if they can, leaving the 1500 South Stand only as match by match sales

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I would have thought it would have been easier to sell the season tickets behind the goal and would have helped the atmosphere if there were regulars cheering on the Albion in the south stand. They could just as easily left the SW corner as match by match tickets, and moved ST holders there if needed for cup games.

It is going to be awesome next season

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
I think we could be selling more season tickets than any other club in this division.

How many will Leeds, Sheff Wed, Blackburn sell? Not more than 16,000 I bet.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The problem is not going to be this season, Brighton are on the up. New stadium, a great first season in the championship and heading towards 30,000 seats. That needs to show in the squad for next season. Wigman is right, its going to be tough next year and Brighton will need to kick on to ensure that the 2013/2014 season that we can keep those STs sold and the ground full.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
I think we could be selling more season tickets than any other club in this division.

I'm sure I heard on the the radio that Blackburn announced (just after they had been relegated) that they had so far sold 8,000 STs for next season.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Plenty of clubs sell 10k ST and get 20k+crowds etc.I also hope we leave plenty of tickets for those who can't afford one and those who can only make so many games,its very important that they get to see the albion play on a regular basis aswell.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Plenty of clubs sell 10k ST and get 20k+crowds etc.I also hope we leave plenty of tickets for those who can't afford one and those who can only make so many games,its very important that they get to see the albion play on a regular basis aswell.

Absolutely, I wasn't able to commit to a season tkt last season and it was a real headache trying to get a tkt when I was able to go (not to mention occasional probs with nsc'ers on the tkt exchange)

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Absolutely, I wasn't able to commit to a season tkt last season and it was a real headache trying to get a tkt when I was able to go (not to mention occasional probs with nsc'ers on the tkt exchange)

Yeh, glad I got the ST this season. Palace away should be my only headache ticket wise this season.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

I think we had more than Leeds last season. I reckon Sheff Weds will sell 20+ tho.

If we sell all the ST's there will be circa 1000 for a everyday game. Organised persons managed last season with this many being available. Next season it will be even easier as there will be 6000 fewer people in the market for one.

On top of this 1000 there could be an extra 1000-1500 if away support is poor and anything between another 500 to 2000 available via the ticket exchange, if the club do what they say and get it implemented for next season.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we had more than Leeds last season. I reckon Sheff Weds will sell 20+ tho.

I doubt it. Hillsborough is a huge ground, which never sells out these days (even for derbies against United), therefore there's little incentive for them to buy STs apart from to save money in the long term. But a lot of people can't afford the initial lump payment, and would rather pay match by match.

These stats are a season old now, but as of the 2011 season, the average number of season tickets sold for Championship clubs was 11,580.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I doubt it. Hillsborough is a huge ground, which never sells out these days (even for derbies against United), therefore there's little incentive for them to buy STs apart from to save money in the long term. But a lot of people can't afford the initial lump payment, and would rather pay match by match.

These stats are a season old now, but as of the 2011 season, the average number of season tickets sold for Championship clubs was 11,580.
When clubs do well, the crowds come back. Sheff Weds will soon start to fill their huge ground. We are talking about how many season tickets we can sell this year and about filling the 30,000 seats. If we do well next year and get promotion, we will have a waiting list that is huge. If ( No way) we finish at or near the bottom. That will be the time for us to judge if we could fill those seats the season after.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We had 18500 ST holders last season, and approx 3000 on the waiting list, so the figure of 21500 sounds about right. I just wonder if many didn't renew for this season, meaning that to attain the 22500, we would need to take up any slack after the 3000 on the waiting list...
The 3,000 waiting list is completely misleading, as each person on the list could buy 4 tickets. For example, I was after 2, so I was 1 name on the waiting list.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
If we sell all the ST's there will be circa 1000 for a everyday game. Organised persons managed last season with this many being available. Next season it will be even easier as there will be 6000 fewer people in the market for one.

On top of this 1000 there could be an extra 1000-1500 if away support is poor and anything between another 500 to 2000 available via the ticket exchange, if the club do what they say and get it implemented for next season.
Don't underestimate the demand if we're doing well,many more thousands will flock im sure.No doubt we'll have the most season ticket holders and by quiet a distance me thinks.

Sheff.w will never sell 20k as like most northern clubs they like to pay on the day,Sheff.w will have about 16k max.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The 3,000 waiting list is completely misleading, as each person on the list could buy 4 tickets. For example, I was after 2, so I was 1 name on the waiting list.

Martin Perry said at the planning meeting there were 2,000 people on the waiting list "most of whom want at least two season tickets". So that should mean up to another 4,000 or so I'd have thought.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here