Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we sell out of season tickets?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Serious question. Given that we need to allocate 15% of capacity for away fans/match day tickets, that will leave us with around 23,150 potential ST seats at the start of the season. Out of these, the club will want to keep some back for complimentary purposes etc - so you're probably looking at a total of around 22,500 (possibly a bit more) for STH and 1901.

Given that there's still almost three months to the start of the new season, so a lot of time to sell any remaining seats, do you think we could sell out?!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a huge ask , but who knows.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Not sure how many we've sold currently or if we will sell out, but if we sell anything over 20k then that is absolutely amazing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm not convinced it will quite work like that.

I think everyone who applies for a season ticket will get one and we will have no waiting list when the season kicks off.
Whether we will reach a point at which we can't possibly sell any more I'm not sure simply because I don't think it is a finite limit that has been pre-set. If there were a limit my guess is it would be no higher than 22K
Certainly looks like STH + 1901's will be in the order of 20,000 to 21,000 next season which is pretty impressive.

I just hope that the club really trumpet the final sales figures and give us some early bragging rights

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm not convinced it will quite work like that.

I think everyone who applies for a season ticket will get one and we will have no waiting list when the season kicks off.
Whether we will reach a point at which we can't possibly sell any more I'm not sure simply because I don't think it is a finite limit that has been pre-set. If there were a limit my guess is it would be no higher than 22K
Certainly looks like STH + 1901's will be in the order of 20,000 to 21,000 next season which is pretty impressive.

I just hope that the club really trumpet the final sales figures and give us some early bragging rights

Well, there will be a finite limit given the capacity, the need to keep 15% free and the fact that the club will definitely want to keep some back for comp purposes. I reckon we are on target for 21k now - so it would probably only take the sale of around 1,500 or so more over the summer to do it.

Personally, I think we'll fall just short - not a bad thing as I think it's good to be able to have a fair number of match-day tickets available for each game to attract new supporters to the club and keep casual fans interested, particularly as the capacity will be increased further for the following season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well, there will be a finite limit given the capacity, the need to keep 15% free and the fact that the club will definitely want to keep some back for comp purposes. I reckon we are on target for 21k now - so it would probably only take the sale of around 1,500 or so more over the summer to do it.

Personally, I think we'll fall just short - not a bad thing as I think it's good to be able to have a fair number of match-day tickets available for each game to attract new supporters to the club and keep casual fans interested, particularly as the capacity will be increased further for the following season.

I agree that last point is absolutely key

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Serious question. Given that we need to allocate 15% of capacity for away fans/match day tickets, that will leave us with around 23,150 potential ST seats at the start of the season. Out of these, the club will want to keep some back for complimentary purposes etc - so you're probably looking at a total of around 22,500 (possibly a bit more) for STH and 1901.

Given that there's still almost three months to the start of the new season, so a lot of time to sell any remaining seats, do you think we could sell out?!

without a shadow of doubt

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

If the reports coming out from people purchasing ST's are accurate, then the club must be nearly there.

18500 last year. This year some lost from south end of east, but they are probably matched by the extra tickets in the west which were available on a match by match basis last year and are now apparently ST.

Several posters have said that the upper east is nearly sold out, add on a few hundred more from the South West and that's 3500 extra

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
We had 18500 ST holders last season, and approx 3000 on the waiting list, so the figure of 21500 sounds about right. I just wonder if many didn't renew for this season, meaning that to attain the 22500, we would need to take up any slack after the 3000 on the waiting list...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was with the commercial team last Friday (11th) and I can assure you, they intend to sell every ST available, something around the 23.5k mark. As of last Friday (11th) they had just hit the 20k mark. The additional 1901 seats are nailed on sales, so there's another 350-400 or so. So 3+ months to shift around 3k tickets, with the waiting list having their visits now, and all comers being invited to the presentations, I reckon they could do it, it will be phenomenal if they do.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We had 18500 ST holders last season, and approx 3000 on the waiting list, so the figure of 21500 sounds about right. I just wonder if many didn't renew for this season, meaning that to attain the 22500, we would need to take up any slack after the 3000 on the waiting list...

Non renewals are tiny, again, I was told that very few had not renewed, and a number of the apparent non renewers were just switching banking details, so at this stage they can't be certain how many have actually cancelled, but it is In The very low hundreds.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The club do not seem to be doing any marketing as far as I know of so must be confident in selling them?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was with the commercial team last Friday (11th) and I can assure you, they intend to sell every ST available, something around the 23.5k mark. As of last Friday (11th) they had just hit the 20k mark. The additional 1901 seats are nailed on sales, so there's another 350-400 or so. So 3+ months to shift around 3k tickets, with the waiting list having their visits now, and all comers being invited to the presentations, I reckon they could do it, it will be phenomenal if they do.

That's great news. It's going to be close - perhaps they'll do a bit of a marketing push over the summer once all on the current waiting list have been accommodated.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Yes, I am convinced they will all be sold.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Yes, I am convinced they will all be sold.

I phoned up yesterday, because they had made a mistake with my DD. I asked about seats in the ESU, I was told they had a few either end.The WSU was single seats in the middle areas and again a few on the ends. But he did say it was hard to say as people were still moving around. I would think they will sale out, maybe even before they offer them on general sale

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I cannot wait to get back to Sussex and get to the Amex. I keep hearing about it, seeing pictures, videos etc.
Cannot really put my name on the ST waiting list yet as it will be many months, or even a couple of years, until I am back down again.
This may be a good thing in a way, as the first time I see it, it will be finished.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I phoned up yesterday, because they had made a mistake with my DD. I asked about seats in the ESU, I was told they had a few either end.The WSU was single seats in the middle areas and again a few on the ends. But he did say it was hard to say as people were still moving around. I would think they will sale out, maybe even before they offer them on general sale

It was always threatened that the Sussex area was a huge catchment. It is being proved now, give people what they want, facilities and they'll come flocking. And I am also absolutely convinced we'll be forcing the charge for auto promotion next season. That will have people scrambling for tickets.

sjn

May 8, 2012
ESU - C
I was at Amex yesterday majority of seats sold in east upper, if you want 2 together you will be down the south end above away fans. Sw corner was available and single seats scattered in other stands.
South will be match by match as will lower west at north end same as last season.
If 18500 last year and say c3500 sold in east / sw already then that is c22000
They must be well on the way and still on stage 1 of their sales plan
I think sell out - a few singles here and there

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
It was always threatened that the Sussex area was a huge catchment. It is being proved now, give people what they want, facilities and they'll come flocking. And I am also absolutely convinced we'll be forcing the charge for auto promotion next season. That will have people scrambling for tickets.

Going to be a difficult league next season Geoff, it is going to be very interesting over the coming weeks to see what players we add to the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here