Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we make the top 6?

Assuming no loan activity, do you think we will finish in the top 6 this season?

• Yes, yes we will

Votes: 121 27.9%
  • No, no we won't

Votes: 312 72.1%

• Total voters

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Reading are at home to Burnley who would already be up and you know who we have....
So Ashley Barnes could score the goal to get us into the play-offs.

It might be a long shot, but it would be fookin funny.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Understood, but keep it to yourself. I only voted on the poll today, and I still voted no. When polls ask 'how many points will we get from the next 5 games' I always vote 0, and I tend to vote 'lose 3-0' in all score predictors. I'm counter-balancing posts like this:

I was going to keep it to myself but in a way had to try and explain my justification of doing what I've been doing otherwise people will say I'm being negative and will complain and say I'm a troll.

I still stand by my decision though that we'll not make the play offs. Think we'll lose to Ipswich as our good run will come to an end.

Last edited:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I'm with you on this BV.
We need six more wins, I reckon, and there's a chance that we could notch up three in our next three. That would just leave us needing to win our remaining home games, all of which are against teams in the bottom third of the table.

Mmmm, but playing teams near relegation at the end of the season is not really good news. ???

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mmmm, but playing teams near relegation at the end of the season is not really good news. ???

Are you saying that you'd rather we were playing against teams in the top third? Time to haul out the old cliche about no easy games, but I know which ones I'd prefer. At the end of last season, most of our games towards the end weren't against those near the top, and things turned out alright.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Are you saying that you'd rather we were playing against teams in the top third? Time to haul out the old cliche about no easy games, but I know which ones I'd prefer. At the end of last season, most of our games towards the end weren't against those near the top, and things turned out alright.

No, I didn't say or imply that. IMO the ideal teams to be playing at the crucial end of season are those that can't achieve promotion or get relegated ie mid table. History has shown that teams that have played shite all season suddenly start winning when their backs are to the wall. It happened to us once!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Just checking, how many points are we off 5 now

My comment was in fact true when I posted it. Are you saying it was not ?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Only 25%! How pessimistic. Chins up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This. It really is nonsense to suggest we don't want to be playing teams threatened with relegation. Of course we do, because they're shite. I'd take a team desperate to win for promotion reasons to beat a team threatened with relegation every single time.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Having only just voted on this on 18th march, when we are coming off the back o0f an away win at Bolton and a 2-0 home win against QPR, life probably looks a lot different to when the poll was started on 2nd February, 6 weeks and several results ago.

We are now, as the expression goes, "in control of our own destiny". Through games in hand and such like, if we win all our games between now and the end of the season, we will be in the top 6.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
If form from the last ten games is replicated in the next 10 games, the battle for 6th (5th would be out of reach) going into the final game would look like this:-

6. BHA 73
7. Reading 72
8. Forest 70

Reading are at home to Burnley who would already be up and you know who we have....

Your calculations don't take into account the fact Reading and Forest have played a game more. If you take their form over the last 9 games, and extrapolate over the next 9, you get a pre-final day table like this:

6. BHA 73
7. Reading 71
8. Forest 67

Crucially, Forest would already be out of contention before they play us...

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having only just voted on this on 18th march, when we are coming off the back o0f an away win at Bolton and a 2-0 home win against QPR, life probably looks a lot different to when the poll was started on 2nd February, 6 weeks and several results ago.

We are now, as the expression goes, "in control of our own destiny". Through games in hand and such like, if we win all our games between now and the end of the season, we will be in the top 6.

This. I am very much more optimistic than I was a month ago. Six points last week was a huge bonus.

smeg

Feb 11, 2013
BN13
we are in with a shout now......amonth ago i thought we were cactusssss......!!

Spot on, pretty sure i voted no and I really believed we would be 8th or 9th, now who knows. I wonder how many will be going to Nottingham on May 3rd, it could come down to the last day :guns:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I was realistic a month back, and thought we'd just miss out. Given the results since then, I'm now beginning to hope ... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here