Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we lose Lynch in the next few weeks??

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No he isn't. If fully fit Hinsh is twice the player.
Much of Lynch's potential value comes from the simple fact that he's a lefty.
Not really, it doesn't matter much which footed you are if you play through the middle.

Even when Hinsh was on top of his game I never saw the potential to possibly play at the top level in him... he is a very good player but Lynch can be much better. And even if Hinsh is better he is nowhere near 'twice the player'.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could easily lose Lynch. whether we want to or not. That's kind of the way it is Suspect we may have asked one or two players' agents to tout them around (El Abd and maybe Savage?)

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not really, it doesn't matter much which footed you are if you play through the middle.

Even when Hinsh was on top of his game I never saw the potential to possibly play at the top level in him... he is a very good player but Lynch can be much better. And even if Hinsh is better he is nowhere near 'twice the player'.

I don't think it's a competition. Both are very good players whom can easily compete at Championship level, maybe beyond.

I will never forget the way Hinsh marked Defoe out of the FA game game when we played Spurs. He was magnificent that day and at that time was on the verge of breaking into the under 21 squad - playing the best football of his career. Let's hope he can now stay injury free.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I don't think it's a competition. Both are very good players whom can easily compete at Championship level, maybe beyond.

I will never forget the way Hinsh marked Defoe out of the FA game game when we played Spurs. He was magnificent that day and at that time was on the verge of breaking into the under 21 squad - playing the best football of his career. Let's hope he can now stay injury free.

I agree, with all of this. Hinsh did make the U-21 squad [with Dan harding] but didn't actually get a game.

And being left footed does matter, even if you're playing CB. You still have a right and a left sided CB and they are totally different positions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree, with all of this. Hinsh did make the U-21 squad [with Dan harding] but didn't actually get a game.

And being left footed does matter, even if you're playing CB. You still have a right and a left sided CB and they are totally different positions.

For the second time in two days we agree.

Hinsh if it wasnt for injury would be playing in the Championship at least by now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Not really. It doesn't make much difference which footed you are at centreback, as long as you have one foot decent for passing/hoofing the ball away.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Lynch is a prospect, bit too casual sometimes, cant see him going anywhere. Needs a full season to make his name and perhaps he will be sold next year for a big price if he knuckles down.

Where is Harding these days?

1066gull

this time last year, we expected so much of lynch, but i think hes a little overated at the moment.

lets hope he does a Gareth Bale this season.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
No he isn't. If fully fit Hinsh is twice the player.
Much of Lynch's potential value comes from the simple fact that he's a lefty.

Sorry, but i disagree there.

Lynch, if he stays fit and healthy,is a potential Prem player. Youmg, quick, good in the air, and yes being left footed does help. He just needs to concentrate more. That will come. Hinch is good too, but not in the same league - he could play championship, but no better.

Be good to see them together next season if Hinch is fully fit - and stays fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here