Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we lose Lynch in the next few weeks??

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Probably the only player who has real potential in the side and we seem to have quite a few defenders now.........

Lynch, Butters, Rents, Mayo, Whing, El-Abd, Hinshlewood and the likes of Gary hart & Paul Reid both who have filled in on the right hand side.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Don't get me wrong i don't want to lose him but surely it looks a little worrying with so much cover.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If we do it'll put to waste the hard work the club have put in in signing Whing & Forster. IMO, Lynch and Hinsh must be the central defensive pairing for next season to enable this team to progress. If they, with Whing & Rents or Mayo are our back four, then I will be confident.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Surely Butters will be hard to get out of the team? only injury will see him out of it imo.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If we are to lose him, it will be before the start of next season. I think he will have one year left on his contract then(?) and I fully expect him to push on from some fantastic showings from last season.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cos Deano generally prefers 4-4-2. I don't think he has played a 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 system since he took over, has he?

No, but he hasnt really had the players to be able to play it either.

If he did he would have back up for either flanks in Hart and Rents or Mayo and if they signed another Mindfielder would have decent back up there with Fraser, Oatway or even El Abd.

Just an idea like.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After he lost his form last year im not that bothered....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No he isn't. If fully fit Hinsh is twice the player.
Much of Lynch's potential value comes from the simple fact that he's a lefty.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
If we are to lose him, it will be before the start of next season. I think he will have one year left on his contract then(?) and I fully expect him to push on from some fantastic showings from last season.

Prospects sign Albion extentions
From the Argus Lite, first published Wednesday 8th Nov 2006.

Joel Lynch and Dean Cox have given Brighton and Hove Albion a huge boost by signing contract extensions.

Lynch has added an extra year to his three-year deal, keeping him with the Seagulls until June 2010.

Cox, due to be out of contract at the end of this season, has signed for a further two years, tying him down until June 2009.

Lynch's revised future could not be better timed. Newcastle are the latest in a long line of clubs reportedly linked with the highly rated defender.

The 19-year-old, who can play at centre half or leftback, broke into the first team under former manager Mark McGhee at the start of the year.

He started the first 15 matches this season but has been on the bench during the Seagulls' current six-game unbeaten sequence.

Pint-sized Cox, also 19, has been a revelation both on the left wing and in midfield for Albion this season, scoring five goals and creating several others.

Cox said: "I am delighted to be offered a new deal so early in the season."

Lynch said: "It gives me the confidence to get back into the team and become a regular again."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here