Votes: 52 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 74 48.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saturday was the worst home performance ( except Stoke ) since Hinshelwood's capitulation against Grimsby 4 years ago. If we play like that WE WILL GO DOWN. Infact we will end up bottom. Can Wilkins turn it around ?. I thought for the 1st team this season, fecking hell we really are utter shite aren't we. There was nothing there.

Will we be playing in division 4 next season ?. Simple question.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I think whoevers in charge this year will will be relegated unless we get some new players in pronto, The chances of that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is dependant on the backing that DW receives from the board to bring in players whether they be short term loans /signings or transfers.

With the existing squad I think that it is a distinct possibility. We must start by taking a leaf out of the Brian Clough/George Graham school of coaching stop conceeding goals and at least you then get a 0 - 0 draw, which you can build on to get the odd winner.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm confident that under Wilkins we will not be relegated this season. Give the fella a bit of time & patience & I believe he will gradually turn things around. He's got a big job on his hands and I believe he has the capabilites to do it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
No, no way will we go down. We just need to add a bit of experience to the squad, a couple of older heads and sort out our defence.

I still think we could make the play offs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The only team guaranteed to go down this season in my view is Orient. They are absolutely shit.

Millwall and Rotherham could both escape the drop, although Rotherham have a bit of work to do now.

I don't think we'll go down - we'll finish about 14th I reckon.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Look Piers I have been consistant is my dismay and dis belief at the sacking of MM and have been consistant in insisting Wilkins was not the right man, I awaiting him to prove me wrong but based on Saturday and the 2 away games before that the team has imploded and can;t be arsed to play for him already. I am very worried as I think we are now one of the worst sides in this league. The club is in its worst state for over 8 years as said before.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
BUTTERBALL said:
No, no way will we go down. We just need to add a bit of experience to the squad, a couple of older heads and sort out our defence.

And how long have we been looking for them?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At the start of the season I was fairly confident that we would finish fairly high up - possibly in the play-offs or maybe even automatic promotion. The early wins over Rotherham and Gillingham seemed to indicate that I was being realistic rather than optimistic.
Then it all kinda went tits up and the days when we were saying, "Oh well, it would be better to win a few games and make a real challange in League 1 rather than be the whipping boys in the Championship..." seem a distant memory!

I wish Wilkins all the best. But the major concern is that after spending donkey's years at Brighton, laterly running the youth set-up, he has neither the reputation nor the contacts to attract the sort of players we need (be it on loan, or possibly even on a transfer) to stop the rot.

On that basis, and on the trend of recent results, I envisage division 4 football next season.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
And how long have we been looking for them?

Ahh but now McGhee, the sole reason for no-one coming here, has gone they'll be queuing up won't they???

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Unless there is some investment in the team then it will be a close call.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
Look Piers I have been consistant is my dismay and dis belief at the sacking of MM and have been consistant in insisting Wilkins was not the right man, I awaiting him to prove me wrong but based on Saturday and the 2 away games before that the team has imploded and can;t be arsed to play for him already. I am very worried as I think we are now one of the worst sides in this league. The club is in its worst state for over 8 years as said before.

To be honest, your already getting on the back of Wilkins, smacks of somebody not getting their own way.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You got your own way Piers and MM has been sacked and now we are looking at 4 defeats in a row , a man who has only managed 15 year old boys, 18th in Div 3 and 3 points from the relegation zone which we may be in if Blackpool beat us Sunday.

Well done mate :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
touch and go the way we are going . This team and squad is prob a relagation team. Depends who we bring in

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
You got your own way Piers and MM has been sacked and now we are looking at 4 defeats in a row , a man who has only managed 15 year old boys, 18th in Div 3 and 3 points from the relegation zone which we may be in if Blackpool beat us Sunday.

Well done mate :thumbsup:

Things had been going downhill under McGhee since February 05 (7 defeats in a row?), followed by last season.

Wilkins has only been in for about 7 games and I would say has a lot of work to do.

Thank goodness your man has gone, so I would suggest at present that getting on Wilkins back is not a good idea. Granted if things do not improve then the situation will need to be addressed, but there is no need for your getting on his back at this stage.

McGhee had become a disaster area, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here