Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ever make it to the Premier League?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
My heart says that we will be a top flight team again one day.....and my head says that we will be too. As others have mentioned (including Steve Coppell), we have more potential than Reading and several others clubs that have been there in recent years.

I can't see us ever being a permanent fixture in the prem, but we can definitely re-live '79 - '83. But I believe the first few years at Falmer will be critical and will shape our course for years to come. We have a big opportunity to ride the wave of enthusiasm and support that will come in a couple of years time.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Of course we can. If teams like Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Hull, Wolves, Charlton Blackburn etc can have a stint or even stay why cant we?

At the moment we are a million miles away but no reason to think we cant one day.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
:thud: :ohmy: Damn! Just when I thought I'd equalised with the ampersand, you go and hit me on the break with that! I've been on the pc all day, I'm watching TV at the same time and getting tired; I definitely need an early night for a change! :yawn:

Fair play to you :thumbsup:

A mate of a mate is a proof reader and he does technical proof reading in foreign languages! One smart cookie ???

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Of course we can. If teams like Bolton, Wigan, Fulham, Hull, Wolves, Charlton Blackburn etc can have a stint or even stay why cant we?

At the moment we are a million miles away but no reason to think we cant one day.

Equally we could very easily end up like Bradford - stuck in the 4th tier despite having a decent fanbase.

I think we'll do a season in the Premiership pretty soon (in the grand scheme of things). If we could start at Falmer in the Championship that would help, it seems unlikely at the moment but we have time to do it as long as we don't go down this season. Hopefully we'll never get stuck in the Premiership, at least being a yoyo club means you get a bit of drama and a bit of variety.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
One day, won't be for at least 10 years though.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Once Falmer is in full swing than it is a possiblility. but I rekon were talking a good 7-10 years though. Though I may be wrong.

Oct 25, 2003
perfectly possible

we've come ABOVE hull, wigan, reading and stoke in recent years.......so there's no reason why not once falmer comes

but we could equally do a 'huddersfield' and do sweet f*** all for years after building a new stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here