Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ever be able to attract the support

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
From places a lot further afield than our city i.e. on the other side of the world. People supporting us in their droves much like Manchester United, Liverpool and Crystal Palace have?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
From places a lot further afield than our city i.e. on the other side of the world. People supporting us in their droves much like Manchester United, Liverpool and Crystal Palace have?

:fishing:

D

Deleted member 18477

Crystal Palace? are you taking the piss?

this. who the f*** supports palace that doesnt live in or near the area?

man utd, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal etc yes but palace? :lolol:

and the answer is probably not unless we win the fa cup or premier league. or get into the champions league. basically to build you fanbase big time worldwide you need to be successful at the top of the game and be on tele most weeks.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

:fishing:

Outside of grimy Norwood, have only ever heard or come across 3 CP fans, and 2 had given up due to their steady decline over the last 15 years :lol:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Depends I suppose, if we win the top league about 10 times & European Cup at least 3 times, then who knows! I probably won't be around to see any of that :) I'd be happy to walk into a sports shop in London & see our kit on sale, then I would believe we've truly made it!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
People shouldn't support a team that doesn't represent them anyway !

If there was no TV then everyone would naturally support the team who played for their local area or had a personal connection with them ( dads team, place of birth etc)

Only glory hunters that support winning teams on TV

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
and the answer is probably not unless we win the fa cup or premier league. or get into the champions league. basically to build you fanbase big time worldwide you need to be successful at the top of the game and be on tele most weeks.

It worked for Blackburn. Oh, wait ...

Yoda

English & European
I managed to get a guy from Spain to support us as his English team. He lives in Madrid, so there's at least one foreign fan.

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Yeah Brighton gets some support from around the world. I know several people who have been to games at the AMEX from the Toronto area so they could see the new stadium and have ended up falling in love with the team and keeping close tabs on how you do. Many people are adopting Brighton as a new team to follow (can't really say support) as they want to have someone new to watch when Brighton ultimately make it to the top flight.

FWIW I've never even heard anyone around here mention Palace.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, I found dropping Palace in to be quite funny as it was obviously an ironic quip. Like when I was talking about the vest goalkeepers in our history and mentioned Nicky Rust.... Lighten up

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I wonder who is bigger in Uruguay argentina & Spain.
We have players & coaches who represented those countries at the highest level.

Crystal palace are known as the team that had to sell zaha & set fire to their own town

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Doing my bit here in Mexico, and has helped this year that Championship games are now on our main cable TV - though game against Watford meant I had plenty of explaining to do...........

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I wonder who is bigger in Uruguay argentina & Spain.
We have players & coaches who represented those countries at the highest level.

Crystal palace are known as the team that had to sell zaha

Really? When did that happen? You'd have thought someone would have been told about it.

& set fire to their own town

No Palace fans are known to have been involved in Croydon arson. A number of Arsenal fans were though, mainly from elsewhere.

But it's quite amusing when when you sing about us burning our town down. Hope you feel the same way about the banter Brighton gets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here