Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we come good !

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Keep reading from some of the threads on here people saying we will come good soon and start getting soon results based on some better performances.

Well these results better come good pretty damn quickly. Last season we had a great run at the end resulting in survival. I don't want to go through that torment again next April/May.

Fed up with hearing we played well, should have scored 5, etc etc. Facts are we are still losing those games.:US:

We need to be getting wins NOW !!!:tantrum:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
For a start DROP that USELESS FAT SCOUSE **** NAVARRO

Not for a long LONG time have I actually HATED seeing a player pull on the stripes. Cant pass, tackle or do anything. Please PLEASE f*** OFF you sponging ****.

seanth123456789

Nov 16, 2009
littlehampton
Seem to SWITCH OFF for periods in a game,not good enough,cannot give teams a two goal lead at home,we need results quick, otherwise were in a relegation battle again,couple of experienced players should help in jan:D

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
we have just played the top 4, where you expecting to get 12 point from all those games? We need a bit of perspective here. We did well grinding out a win away at exeter who have a great home record so we are obviously capable of it, swindon could a be a bit tough but after that we have a string of easy, winnable games.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Keep reading from some of the threads on here people saying we will come good soon and start getting soon results based on some better performances.

Well these results better come good pretty damn quickly. Last season we had a great run at the end resulting in survival. I don't want to go through that torment again next April/May.

Fed up with hearing we played well, should have scored 5, etc etc. Facts are we are still losing those games.:US:

We need to be getting wins NOW !!!:tantrum:

Now that we have got the "big four" and Colchester out of the way, we have an easier run-in over the next few weeks, so hopefully we will be midtable by January and won't have to leave it until the last minute like last season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that there will be a couple of players coming in during the January window but more going out on loan etc. I do not expect wholesale changes mid season. I saw signs last night that suggest that we are not far off of being a midtable side at least and that the results will definitely improve and would expect us to be comfortable before Easter.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
we have just played the top 4, where you expecting to get 12 point from all those games? We need a bit of perspective here. We did well grinding out a win away at exeter who have a great home record so we are obviously capable of it, swindon could a be a bit tough but after that we have a string of easy, winnable games.

There lies the problem. Exeter. A League Two team last year and we struggled to get the win, by all accounts we should have been dead and buried long before we mugged them. We need consistent performances week after week to have any chance of pulling ourselves clear. There is no such thing as a string of easy winnable games the way we are underperforming right now.

Lets hope Gus can use his contacts well in January. :)

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
For a start DROP that USELESS FAT SCOUSE **** NAVARRO

Not for a long LONG time have I actually HATED seeing a player pull on the stripes. Cant pass, tackle or do anything. Please PLEASE f*** OFF you sponging ****.

I totally agree.
Playing with Navarro in the team is like playing with 10 men.
Absolutely hopeless, offers nothing to the team and looks completely unfit.
Needs to be dropped immediately and shipped out in January.
This guy makes Tommy Fraser look good!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've got the makings of a FLAIR side with McNulty, Dicker, Bennett and Murray (now he's started to look interested) in the same side. Just need to add some solid defenders to the mix and things could start to pick up bigtime. Too late to salvage much from this season though unless its via a run in the cup.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Get in a decent left winger and arguably a right back and i really think we are sorted. The defence clearly has talent, Wright was wanted by Norwich and Charlton i believe and in his 1 game at CB was the best player on the pitch, and most people at that game at orient agree! Tunnicliffe was highly rated and has looked good in the past couple of games, but i'll agree something is wrong with elphick and virgo this season.
A good left winger playing infront of mcnulty, someone similar to Bennet is a must, and then means we can play 2 centre mids in central midfield giving us balance. Hoyte has looked poor recently, virgo isnt a right back, and whing when he has played hasnt been outstanding, so a right back is probably a must too. Apart from that i can't see a lot wrong, the strikers look good, and so do 3 of the midfield.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Another winger and two new defenders should make us a very good side indeed. We were fantastic last night and so exciting going forward. Early mistakes cost us - again.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We've got the makings of a FLAIR side with McNulty, Dicker, Bennett and Murray (now he's started to look interested) in the same side. Just need to add some solid defenders to the mix and things could start to pick up bigtime. Too late to salvage much from this season though unless its via a run in the cup.

I'd say we're 4 players away from having a decent team.

1 - Goalkeeper, Both Kuipers & Smith are having poor season's and this new fella is only on a short term contract.
2 - Experienced central defender to play alongside either Tunny or Elphick and organise our defence.
3 - A proper left footed left sided midfielder to play in front of McNulty and add some proper balance to the midfield.
4 - Experienced central midfielder who can take control of the midfield to play alongside either Dicker or Crofts, I like both Dicker & Crofts but playing together they rarely manage to control the midfield for any length of time during a game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Get in a decent left winger and arguably a right back and i really think we are sorted. The defence clearly has talent, Wright was wanted by Norwich and Charlton i believe and in his 1 game at CB was the best player on the pitch, and most people at that game at orient agree! Tunnicliffe was highly rated and has looked good in the past couple of games, but i'll agree something is wrong with elphick and virgo this season.
A good left winger playing infront of mcnulty, someone similar to Bennet is a must, and then means we can play 2 centre mids in central midfield giving us balance. Hoyte has looked poor recently, virgo isnt a right back, and whing when he has played hasnt been outstanding, so a right back is probably a must too. Apart from that i can't see a lot wrong, the strikers look good, and so do 3 of the midfield.

Thought Hoyte played well last night was overlapping with Bennett a lot makes a lot of difference when Bennett doesn't have to play on the left. A left sided midfielder is a must though the midfield at the moment is so lop sided its not funny

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Yep, let's blame Navarro who did nothing wrong, simply because it's Navarro.

Let's look at the facts here.

Forster missed a golden chance.

Murray missed an evening bigger SITTER.

Poyet made a HUGE cock-up with the El-Abd substitution.

Once again, we set out with negative tactics to stall our opponents, which didn't work whn we found ourselves two down after a few minutes. How obvious is it that setting out to defend is absolutely pointless against anyone good, when our defence is TURD?! Attack teams at home, like we did in the second half, and we'll get results.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Oh and in answer to the original question - not until we sort the personnel out, no. A new right back, a stronger player to partner Crofts, a left winger, at least two centre backs and a new keeper are needed if we're going to stay up.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Poyet made a HUGE cock-up with the El-Abd substitution.

What? El-Abd came off because he got cut which is why he wasn't on the pitch for the 2nd goal. McNulty is coming back to fitness and clearly Poyet and probably the fitness staff didn't think he was up to a 90 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here