Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we avoid relegation next season

1066gull

Mouldy Boots said:
Would you trust McGhee to spend it wisely though.

:nono: :nono:
But if half of last years transfers were not by McGhee, than this season could not entirely be McGhee's fault.

This maybe a reason why Dick Knight doesn't want to sack McGhee, because he has done wrong.

The cat is coming out of th bag now.....

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dougdeep said:
Dick Knight says it will be a promotion season.
So did Simon Cockjugglingthunderc##t Jordan last season......and look where that got 'em:lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Goring Gull said:
Who in all honesty with current events unfolding at the Withdean think we can stay up next season?

Relegation is far more likely to happen than promotion. Wouldn't bet against it. If there's not at least one credible striker, and preferably two, leading the line on the first day of the season, then the warning bells should start ringing bigtime.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Woodchip said:
CKR and Jakey to start up front in the first game, with a credible striker promised by Christmas.

But with that credible striker somehow not arriving by the end of the January transfer window, even tho we're assured that we've been closely watching about sixty five of the fuckers. Is this Groundhog season?

Last edited:

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
All depends on how long Dick Knight gives Mcgee when we are bottom of the league MCGEE is not the manager to take us anywhere but down:nono:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Woodchip said:
Errr, who was managing us when we went to Cardiff?

That'll be the same manager who inherited a team short on skill but long on team spirit (instead of reducing it to just talking about team spirit and allowing wanky group-hug-ins before matches)? & The same manager who was utterly gobsmacked when we went to Cardiff.

Sadly for all of us, that manager's luck and the players he inherited on the back of the graft of his predecessors could only take hhim so far. Game's well and truly UP. Oh well.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tom Hark said:
That'll be the same manager who inherited a team short on skill but long on team spirit (instead of reducing it to just talking about team spirit and allowing wanky group-hug-ins before matches)? & The same manager who was utterly gobsmacked when we went to Cardiff.

Sadly for all of us, that manager's luck and the players he inherited on the back of the graft of his predecessors could only take hhim so far. Game's well and truly UP. Oh well.

He played Virgo in a key role for us and that is only one of the reasons why we stayed up in the league. Plus signing Currie helped give us a decent start to the season (relatively). You can't take anything away from his achievements in his first two seasons. There is a famous phrase in football - Nothing is won or lost before Christmas and McGhee inherited the Brighton team end of October.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
mid table

no signings

mediocre football in a shitty northern league until McGhee's contract expires and somebody with management skills is hired

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
Woodchip said:
Errr, who was managing us when we went to Cardiff?

its my opinion that he is not good enough for us! yes we had good team spirit that carried us to the championship but he has destroyed that team spirit now but if we were promoted i would still want him sacked maybe thats just stupid.I just don't rate him sorry

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
seagulls4eva said:
Personally I think that all we need are a few players here and there, and we have a squad that is good enough for at least the play-offs.

Didn't MM say on many occassions last year we were 2 players off of a respectable Championship team is this the same 2 players this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here