Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Virgo give Gus the benefit of the doubt?

Will he or wont he?

• Yes.

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • No.

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
one of the problems so far this season has been the likes of Virgo, El Abd and Elphick trying to do too much rather than concentrating on their own jobs - hence the sendings off for rash tackles, penalties for badly timed tackles, etc, etc. Should we criticise local lads for this? Just misguided/mis managed up til now.

Patently they're all just flapping around once again because they haven't got a wise old head like Tank telling them what to do. Suggests they are bears of very little brain really. They're not kids anymore, and are highly unlikely to develop any further in their own right from here on in. They could do with replacing for the greater good of the club :shrug:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Why this negativity towards Virgs??

He has been a great servant for this club, I don't think he wil rock the boat for not playing and will redouble his efforts to win his place back, which I predict he will do.

NSC is full of negative nerds is the answer to your question. Should we enjoy a good performance at Southampton ??? No, lets find something or someone to whinge at.

Big Ernie McCracken

Mar 9, 2009
NSC is full of negative nerds is the answer to your question. Should we enjoy a good performance at Southampton ??? No, lets find something or someone to whinge at.

You are so right, why cant people just enjoy it. I have been saying for a while now taht some posters dread us becoming successful and this thread proves it

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
f*** SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What has Virgo done so wrong that you fuckers give him so much crap!!!!!!

He got us to the play off final with his goal against swindon.
He played out of position for half of a season as an emergency striker and got loads of goals.
He got us shed loads of money out of Celtic.
He saved us with a vital late equaliser against Ipswich.
He has been THE only true success out of Wilkins youth prospects.
He is Albion through and through.

Give him the respect he is due you fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the second to last point... he came through before wilkins was involved in the youth system i think. he came through during the original adams era although he didn't play him much. however its still absurd to say he's been the only successful graduate of the club in recent years.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing

He played out of position for half of a season as an emergency striker and got loads of goals.

Er....it's called moving on. Most of the points you have raised are all in the past and long gone.

Agree Albion through and through but there is in my opinion better now in the club.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Fair points all and well-made. I had my tongue in my cheek a bit, I really don't dislike the guy at all but THAT interview where he was gobbing off about being dropped by Slade made me realise that we have a big old gap between how well he thinks he's doing and how well he's actually been doing. Plus that arrogant crap implying that he should decide when he plays and not his manager was just appalling: it's one very stupid thing even to think that, let alone prattle on in the paper about it.

But yeah: a bit more modesty and a bit more hard work and he's a real asset.

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I would always take the context of any interview with a pinch of salt unless you heard it first hand.

Virgo is a good player. His form is a little off. Maybe losing his place will give him the additional motivation he needs to get things back on track.

I understand his point about wanting to be played in a certain position. He is not a right winger or midfielder. Occassionaly, with a club of our size and lack of back up options, he may be pressed into doing a job. Which he has always done - moderately effectively...but to get the best out of him he prob needs to be played in a settled position.

He has experience and with a little form, I think he will be a different player to what we have seen this season. Maybe losing the captaincy is a good thing. Sure it's probably embarassing for him short term but maybe it will enable him to worry about his own job rather than trying to organise not only the defence, but the rest of the team too.

New manager, new assistant, fresh start.:bla:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here