Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Vicente ever play for us again?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who said KLL's fee was £1mil - have i missed something? I imagine it's less than that as that's what we were looking at at the start of the yr...?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:wave:

Can't see it myself after we've just forked out £1million for LuaLua, who doesn't even look like he can cut it at this level.

From where does that price come from, just plucked out of the air with the speculation that was spread about. I would think that it was a lot lower than that as I am sure that TB wouldnt have paid £1m for a player to sit either in the stands or on the bench, so would assume a reduced price was negotiated and agreed on

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
derp.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Some of the best medical staff in Spanish football have not been able to get this guy on the pitch. What chance does Paul Watson and co stand?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
So,
3. You think Lua Lua won't cut it at this level, but will still keep Vicente out of the side (even though he plays in a different position.)

That one. That's the point I was about to make.

If KLL proves to be good enough that Vicente never plays for us again, then Kaz will have most definitely managed to "cut it".

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
What planet are you on? Lua lua hasn't even been given much of a chance?!? Vicente will be back playing when Gus feels he's match fit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
From where does that price come from, just plucked out of the air with the speculation that was spread about. I would think that it was a lot lower than that as I am sure that TB wouldnt have paid £1m for a player to sit either in the stands or on the bench, so would assume a reduced price was negotiated and agreed on

The price was pre-agreed when he came here on loan and was widely reported at the time to be in the region of £1.5mil. Pissing money up the wall based on his performances thus far this season, perhaps for half of that he'd be a decent investment for when we go down.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The price was pre-agreed when he came here on loan and was widely reported at the time to be in the region of £1.5mil. Pissing money up the wall based on his performances thus far this season, perhaps for half of that he'd be a decent investment for when we go down.

cant claim this myself but as someone else said perhaps there was a year after the event to be able to re-insure KLL - he was injured 53 weeks ago - perhaps that was why Gus has used him sparingly.....and now made the deal permanent. Think we will see more of KLL - who knows about VIncente alot of top Spanish people couldnt get him fit...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Was it agreed? Where does it say that? I suspect that negotiations have continued.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Where has trhe price ever been quoted apart from pure speculation on here and everybody knows how the posters on here have inflated ideas of prices and values.

Is he worth more than Bennett was to Norwich?

ChilternGull

Nov 3, 2011
Village near Oxford
I doubt we paid £1m for KLL. Despite all his promise he has played relatively few first team games and most of those for the Seagulls in League 1. He is a confidence player and one more for the future. Suspect when his form returns he will be a real handfull for defences so I am pleased he has signed up for the long term. Vicente is obviously injury prone - that's why he left his Spanish side. So at best for us an impact player. Not reliable enough for us to build team around. But 30 mins of him per game would be most welcome and well worth admission money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here