Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will this be the Toughest Premier League season to achieve a Top 10 finish to date?

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
Although I am absolutely delighted with our transfer window thus far (Gross excluded), I wonder if this coming season may be the toughest yet to achieve success.
The big 6 are what they are with even MU seemingly finding their feet again. Villa look a really strong outfit and Newcastle and West Ham are starting to flex their muscles too. Even Fulham look like they are spending well.
With this in mind, has it ever been tougher to achieve a mid division finish? Probably not imho…

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I'm not going to bite this time as I suspect other club's fans will be looking at Brighton spending £100m this window and thinking we mean business.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I'm not going to bite this time as I suspect other club's fans will be looking at Brighton spending £100m this window and thinking we mean business.
And I have no doubt we do… I just think this will be the toughest season yet to achieve relative success

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
We'd have to buy Mac and Cac back to register with other club's fans, especially the top 7. We're not on their radar; we really aren't.
Out of interest who is the 7th, Villa or Newcastle?

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
No for us it certainly a lot easier than say five years ago.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I reckon this COULD potentially be our strongest ever squad if some of young players continue to improve and be the real deal.

Plus this squad has incredible depth in most positions compared to previous squads.

It's a tough season, but I think we could be particularly well equipped to finish top ten again.

Prediction : 8th.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
No.

Newcastle have barely strengthened, their squad is really not great and an already aging defence is now a year older.

Villa are excellent but will have champions league to contend with and more games than ever in it. We saw what that did to Newcastle.

Chelsea are a basket case of a club, they have a hugely disjointed squad no proven goalkeeper or centre forward. They are two injuries away from disaster and the fans will turn quickly if they get off to a bad start.

Liverpool - no new signings, an aging squad a new mangers whose style is totally different to Klopps

City will have a gargantuan points reduction at some point.

United have a shit sqaud, a shit manager, loads of injuries and a toxic fanbase who will turn on the manager in a heartbeat.

So I it’s between us and Arsenal for the title in my view!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really do hope to be proved wrong but I am in @dwayne camp and think we will struggle to make top 15 this season

I know that is the spirit but I set the bar low

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
No.

Newcastle have barely strengthened, their squad is really not great and an already aging defence is now a year older.

Villa are excellent but will have champions league to contend with and more games than ever in it. We saw what that did to Newcastle.

Chelsea are a basket case of a club, they have a hugely disjointed squad no proven goalkeeper or centre forward. They are two injuries away from disaster and the fans will turn quickly if they get off to a bad start.

Liverpool - no new signings, an aging squad a new mangers whose style is totally different to Klopps

United have a shit sqaud, a shit manager, loads of injuries and a toxic fanbase who will turn on the manager in a heartbeat.

I'm lumping on us now. C O N V I N C E D (y)

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
No.

So no strong feelings either way… 🤣

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Betteridge's Law applies

In short, no. This question is asked every year and the answer is always the same. Some clubs will do better, some will do worse. Overall it will be much the same
My thoughts exactly…I’ll just add that Man City will obviously win the title.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here