Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will they make afcb pay on the day

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If you're talking about Bournemuff away, then I would imagine so as they did it last year.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Between you and I, I'm not overly impressed with him this season. I think it was more fun trying to oust the other goalie than seeing Michel play himself:lol:

What we loved about him in seasons past was his CONSISTENCY. We knew he was going to play well every game. Since his big injury, he's struggled for that level. He's had great games and he's had CRAP ones, he's kicked really well and then kicked like a man with RICKETS, he's come out for crosses and then stayed ROOTED to his line.

I guess it's the holy grail. Be consistent and everything will come good.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
What worries me is that he's not making the STUNNING saves that we've always expected of him over the years. They have always made up for the shortcomings in his game, ie the kicking. Shotstopping is definitely his huge, huge asset, but he's been a bit lacking in that department this season. I wouldn't blame him for any of the goals we've let in this season, but then I'm struggling to think of a situation where he's saved us a goal either. In the past, I am convinced he made a match/point-winning save in virtually every game. Maybe you're right and it does come down to consistency. He's been a bit up and down, so if he can just maintain a decent level of performance for a while now then the top saves will possibly return?

Definitely. It's the same for a striker. If they have a few games playing well but not spectacularly, then they will be more inclined to try the audacious lob or THUNDEROUS drive from 30 yards. If they have been SHINNING the ball or
heading it off the SOFT bit at the top of their head, they won't try the spectacular stuff.

I really think we are quite close but just need that consistency to start BREEDING the confidence that will, in turn, generate WINS.

I'm off now - I've agreed with you FAR too much for one night.

:thumbsup:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Yes - but then I've only got to get to Southampton

*hopefullymyciderconsumptionwillnotsendmetosleep*

:thumbsup:

I'll be there until Central, so you just need to 'hang on in there' for another 10 minutes - you'll be fine :thumbsup: *

*Disclaimer. I am not going to be held responsible for Hiney going to Woking because he couldn't last 10 minutes awake...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
not sure on trains,i know the year b4,we had to leave game 1o mins early to get last train

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Yes, I paid on the day there last year.

are you SURE we paid on the gate? i thought we had tickets in advance?

having said that, i dont remember much of that day following the night before :love: shontele

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
are you SURE we paid on the gate? i thought we had tickets in advance?

having said that, i dont remember much of that day following the night before :love: shontele

We definitely did, because they cocked up and gave us seats all seperated (or maybe that was a good thing!)

However, there was still loads of 'overflow' seats behind the goal left over. I'm sure it'll be Pay on the gate again this year.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i saw michel at the dolphin centre in haywards heath today :)

he is ALWAYS in the esso garage - buying a copy of the sun

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here