Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will there be some kind of Albion-related AMEX card?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Theres probably a brainstorming session going on at the moment to see if the Amex Pink card is a feasible project.

Oct 25, 2003
in line with FIFA cracking down on "non fifa partners" companies being in the ground, will we be allowed to use non-amex cards in the stadium?

:)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
in line with FIFA cracking down on "non fifa partners" companies being in the ground, will we be allowed to use non-amex cards in the stadium?

:)

That would be ridiculous, didn't even FIFA have to change their Mastercard-only policy, and they are the worst offenders. The way that conversation should have gone is Amex asked half-heartedly, and the club rejected it outright. If people are going to pay you lots of money, at least let them do it through the card of their choice.

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009
Maybe just maybe Amex are going down the credit (as opposed to charge) card route. Thus the "football" folk will be a perfect audience.

MOH you CAN buy a learjet on Amex, but you HAVE to pay the full amount back within 30days or somesuch.

Thats my understanding of the difference between Amex and VISA.

Im prepared to stand corrected if thats not the case.

I have an Amex card which is a Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Credit Card. Absolutely no different to any other credit card (apart from I get 1 airmile for every £1 spent!). Has a limit, has an interest rate and has a 2-3% minimum payment requirement.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have an Amex card which is a Virgin Atlantic Flying Club Credit Card. Absolutely no different to any other credit card (apart from I get 1 airmile for every £1 spent!). Has a limit, has an interest rate and has a 2-3% minimum payment requirement.

Fair enough.

As another poster pointed out there are white labelled Amex CC (indeed someone mentioned Nectar) but not in their OWN right I believe.

But they do in the states.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This was done a couple of years ago (the blue cards) which were aimed at students just out of university and lower income professionals/ people who wanted benifits from their card. Not sure on the exact details but the card is now defunct and the current main cards aimed at the 'non typical amex cardholders' are the Nectar and BA co brand cards.
Would have thought the cost of implementing the card for just one team was however very steep and the return limited,

Here it is...

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
hopefully they wi8 introduce an albion branded credit card that will allow interest free season ticket purchases as well as interest free purchases within the stadium.

i reckon they'd get a lot of takers?

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
funny that this thread popped up... i was having a discussion with my dad about this earlier today... i want an AmEx Albion card!
This forum is great! :amex:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I'd get one. Would look nice in my wallet.

(and I would get to ask cashiers "do you take Amex?" in a loud smug manner.
Yes, yes Id love one)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here